Live 8 crashes when opening 'How to make Trance' project files

I’m using Live 8 1.1 on Windows, when I try to open any of the Live sets that come with the ‘How to make Trance’ course I get error messages saying that some of the plugins can’t be found (sonic maximizer, rBass ect) and then Live says ‘Failed to open’ and then crashes.

Is there any way to get around this problem?

i will have a look at this and see if i can strip out those plugins for you

Thanks very much!

FYI, I’ve also tried opening the Trance tutorial sets in 8.1.1, 8.1.3 and now 8.1.4, and I also get these crashes.

Even when I open the Bass tutorial ALS, that requires the D82 Sonic Maximizer, Revolverb_L, RVerb, and Nexus VSTs, Live still crashes open loading the set; and I have all the most current versions of these VSTs (I spent 3 hours trying to resolve the crashes). I know the Nexus requires the specific soundset, but all the VSTs should load, regardless of whether a specific preset is selected.

The VST-free versions load fine, but I’d like to see the tracks with the VSTs in them.

Also, in the full trance set (vst-free), there’s no bass wavs loaded; not a big deal, but there’s 3 rows of Bass in the full trance set, and only 2 bass sounds in the Bass.als file.

the trance tut is also incomplete and we need a new one!

[quote]gofunk (28/07/2010)[hr]the trance tut is also incomplete and we need a new one![/quote]

+1

this is true! i went through the whole thing and got side swiped by it not being done!

hoping for a new one soon!

[quote]UnitedVision (29/07/2010)[hr][quote]gofunk (28/07/2010)[hr]the trance tut is also incomplete and we need a new one![/quote]

+1

this is true! i went through the whole thing and got side swiped by it not being done!

hoping for a new one soon![/quote]

we have one in logic coming soon

do you use revolverb by any chance?

http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic29322-10-1.aspx

:slight_smile: