Looking for a mentor

Hello,br
I am looking for a mentor who can help direct and give advice on tracks which I am working on. I have done some online sessions via Skype before. The instructor wanted to do it with a group of students though. The problem I had was the diverse skill level of everyone. Therefor the instructor ended up demonstrating setting up verb returns, low cutting you tracks, and of course side chaining! The instructor was far to nice too. He made positive complements on peoples tracks when really it sounded like complete sh*t. I want someone who is up front and wont shy away from saying,"Yo, this is crap, it doesn’t work. This is what you should do."br
It doesn’t matter what genre your expertise is in as long as it’s full ****** club electronic dance stuff. I’ve got some skill with production but really want to it to the next level. So please message me if you’re out there and are down for something like this. Send me your price tag too and I want to hear your music. Thanks so much and I hope to hear from someone out there!

Have you tried becoming a subscriber here…? we have a subscriber forum where we feedback on tracks and give advice… try it for 3 months see how you get on. would prob be the price of one session elsewhere.br
br
Feedback inst guaranteed or part of the package but im happy to provide it when im modding the forums or have a few spare mins. br
br
I dont beat about the bush with my feedback but i always try to be constructive… ask others here what they think too.br
br
Look in our sonic successes (stickied in this forum) for people who have improved their skills and got tracks signed using our site.br
br

I second what Phil said, this site is amazing and a fantastic resource to develop your skills as a producer / engineer.br
Want criticism, the feedback section on the forum is the place to drop what you’re working on.

Agreed! br
br
Phil and the rest of the Sonic Academy Team make excellent tutorials that can hone your skills to the level that you are looking for. br
br
The feedback they give is second to none and have helped me whenever I have asked for advice.br
br
(I do reckon you guys should look into a 1-2-1 service though, cause I reckon you’d have a lot of members on here that would snap your hand off) :cool: