Looking for some comments on my track

well, thought I’d give it a go :slight_smile: been producing a year and a half now within ableton, this is a more housy track, but my intentions are to make that deeper harder techhouse :slight_smile:

http://soundcloud.com/micha-de-maggio/20-07-2011-3

Hey Micha

It’s an interesting track and I think that you’ve got a good thing going in the mids and upper frequencies. However, your low end seems a bit heavy in the mix on my headphones. A bit dull.

Personally, I’d work on the bassline itself as it feels like it’s lacking drive. Perhaps doubling up the notes and sidechaining it more heavily? Have it feel more like a runaway train kinda thing. At the moment it seems a bit 1 … and … 2 … and … 1 … and … 2. A bit slow?

Hope that helps.

[quote]jonsloan (26/07/2011)[hr]Hey Micha

It’s an interesting track and I think that you’ve got a good thing going in the mids and upper frequencies. However, your low end seems a bit heavy in the mix on my headphones. A bit dull.

Personally, I’d work on the bassline itself as it feels like it’s lacking drive. Perhaps doubling up the notes and sidechaining it more heavily? Have it feel more like a runaway train kinda thing. At the moment it seems a bit 1 … and … 2 … and … 1 … and … 2. A bit slow?

Hope that helps.[/quote]

Hey Jon

thank you for the info, I appreciate it a lot :slight_smile: lately I’m working very hard how to improve my sound so it’s nice to hear that I’m making progres it seems :-) will try it :wink: