Looks Like The Love Parade's Going to Get Axed

[quote]roben (25/07/2010)[hr]Where can in find / hear this Mark Knight interview?[/quote]

here’s the link mate

[quote]scott (25/07/2010)[hr]Once your **** is public you immediately reliquish any right as to whether criticism is given or not. You stupid cunt.[/quote]

out of order…

noticed hes just been banned. im pleased. i didnt like how the foum was starting to go. :frowning:

So lets get this straight, the hillsborough incident kills 96 people and football carries on…

love parade incident kills 19 and the thing gets axed?

That makes a lot of sense…

[quote]roben (26/07/2010)[hr]So lets get this straight, the hillsborough incident kills 96 people and football carries on…

love parade incident kills 19 and the thing gets axed?

That makes a lot of sense…[/quote]

Its all about the money ;(

No dude, this has really fcking pssed me off. It’s bad enough that 19 people had to lose their innocent lives to this serious catastophe, now the whole thing gets axed even though it’s been going since 1989, so 10 years with no problems.

Bring it back to Berlin = No problems.

I’m sure every single one of those 19 people wouldn’t have wanted the event to be axed. It’s supposed to be a peace demonstration and a gathering of the love and passion for music.

It’s just another jab at our glorius industry.

If they’re going to axe things after every disaster then we’d have no football, no london underground, no London busses, infact we’d probably have little to no things left.

As I said roben its all about the money - Love Parade when I went was a free event I presume it was till the weekend - the state goverment etc look at the people going and deep down in their hearts think they are just a bunch of drug taking loosers who will never vote or be productive members of society.

Now if they banned football - just think ofthe revenue they would loose

Also I beleive its the Love Parade original organiser who stated that he would not organise another one - though to be fair he probably said it to cover himself for the law suits that are going to come tumbling his way.

Unforntatly the local goverment and the police will remain blameless as usual.

I agree with your sentiments roben its just another attack on people who don’t follow the norm and another nail in the coffin for free festivals :frowning:

its going to be intersting to see how the inquiry is gonna unfold the police and local authorities approved the licence and therefore the site and route of the parade and also knew the numbers it would attract if they walk away without sharing the blame its a f**king disgrace…

[quote]chris17 (26/07/2010)[hr]its going to be intersting to see how the inquiry is gonna unfold the police and local authorities approved the licence and therefore the site and route of the parade and also knew the numbers it would attract if they walk away without sharing the blame its a f**king disgrace…

[/quote]

Well its one law for the likes of us and another for them