Looks Like The Love Parade's Going to Get Axed

Huge crush. Loads dead and injured by all accounts

Sh*t sad day indeed

very sad! I do not know about anyone else but i’ve never heard of Duisburg! I would have thought a festival of that magnitude would be held in one of the larger German cities.

i always thought it was in berlin? the berlin love parade no???

It’s very very sad, very bad planning. However I don’t think they should be axed, just don’t hold the Love Parade there ever again, it would have been faultless like it always is every year if it wasn’t for that tunnel.

Shocking. why wasn’t it in Berlin?

its just been on the bbc the love parade is been discontinued out of respect for the 19 people who lost there lives and there families…

[quote]chris17 (25/07/2010)[hr]its just been on the bbc the love parade is been discontinued out of respect for the 19 people who lost there lives and there families…[/quote]

That’s ridiculas, i’m sure all those unfortunate 19 people wouldn’t have wanted it to discontinue. They should continue it out of respect!!

Deaths usually equate to a threat to public safety within planning departments the world over. This was never going to continue after yesterday.

Does seem a bit of a kneejerk reaction to stop the parade for good - I mean was there any call to stop football matches to be stopped after the Heysel Stadium disaster - or is it just another attack on party goers

There seemed no sense in holding the festival in Duisburg and having a site with one entrance and exit which happens to be a tunnel

[quote]slender (25/07/2010)[hr]Does seem a bit of a kneejerk reaction to stop the parade for good - I mean was there any call to stop football matches to be stopped after the Heysel Stadium disaster - or is it just another attack on party goers

There seemed no sense in holding the festival in Duisburg and having a site with one entrance and exit which happens to be a tunnel[/quote]

no one banned football after hillsborough but there was a shake up of all football grounds and rightly so maybe the love parade just got to big 1.4 million people at one event is emmense and after listening to mark knights interview and reading the reports it seems it was a very very misguided decision to hold it in duisburg which the blame for site layout and location must land on the organisers and authorities equally this was a major tragedy but everyone involved had a idea about how many people would be there and decided it would be a good idea to send them all through one tunnel like cattle

the organisers liased with the police and authorities for months before and they approved a licence etc but i bet when it comes to the crunch they wont take half the blame and the organisres are made scape goats

Football is a socially established Institution. This is a shower of numptys gurning to some painfully rubbish music.

Where can in find / hear this Mark Knight interview?

[quote]scott (25/07/2010)[hr] This is a shower of numptys gurning to some painfully rubbish music.[/quote]

I am sure the family, lovers and friends of the bereaved will welcome your comments

very sad. they should do a love parade festival or whatever.

[quote]scott (25/07/2010)[hr]Football is a socially established Institution. This is a shower of numptys gurning to some painfully rubbish music.[/quote]

quite opinionated when the music doesn’t suit you.

Ahh right. Keep your opinions to yourself high 5 eveyone and have ego rubbed in return.

[quote]scott (25/07/2010)[hr]Ahh right. Keep your opinions to yourself high 5 eveyone and have ego rubbed in return.[/quote]

nah maybe just give your opinion when you are asked for it. he didn’t ask for criticism but you gave it.

Once your **** is public you immediately reliquish any right as to whether criticism is given or not. You stupid cunt.

[quote]scott (25/07/2010)[hr]Once your **** is public you immediatelyreliquish any right as to whether criticism is given or not. You stupid cunt.[/quote]

quit with the name calling, its not big and you’re making yourself look silly.