Mac/Apple Events

link

[url]http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/1010qwoeiuryfg/event/index.html[/url]

it’s interesting to know that the mac now has over 600,000 software developers and over 30,000 new ones each month and Microsoft are investing into apple developments.

600,000 developers is crazy. no wonder they make you pay for OSX upgrades.

Getting a bit fed up with Apples constant banging on about their new stuff.

Especially as they have a knack of trying to convince you their sneaky behaviour is for your benefit.

That sales call the other day with Steve Jobs banging on about how open isn’t good. He even said many people when they think of open think of Windows… wtf?

He’s lost the plot. When I think of open I think of GNU, Linux and Open Source.

Anyways he then went on about how mega iOS is because it’s closed. Like you are FREE to do what we tell you.

A tweet I saw summed it up “Flash is bad because it’s closed, Android is bad because it’s open, while iOS is good because it’s closed.”

They just announced the new Mac book air too. 1999 spec with a 2015 price tag.

Swines.

I don’t hate em (love my Mac) just hate the cloud of BS that comes from their marketing dept.

lets hope someone rigs an apple to blow up all kill all thoses apple developers!

An Applerrorist!

[quote]gofunk (21/10/2010)[hr]lets hope someone rigs an apple to blow up all kill all thoses apple developers!

An Applerrorist![/quote]

Where do I sign up :smiley:

Shall we call it the Appleiban, Mac Qaeda or something more European like Apple ETA??

[quote]bangthedj (21/10/2010)[hr]Getting a bit fed up with Apples constant banging on about their new stuff.

Especially as they have a knack of trying to convince you their sneaky behaviour is for your benefit.

That sales call the other day with Steve Jobs banging on about how open isn’t good. He even said many people when they think of open think of Windows… wtf?

He’s lost the plot. When I think of open I think of GNU, Linux and Open Source.

Anyways he then went on about how mega iOS is because it’s closed. Like you are FREE to do what we tell you.

A tweet I saw summed it up “Flash is bad because it’s closed, Android is bad because it’s open, while iOS is good because it’s closed.”

They just announced the new Mac book air too. 1999 spec with a 2015 price tag.

Swines.

I don’t hate em (love my Mac) just hate the cloud of BS that comes from their marketing dept.[/quote]

sure i totally agree but its good to see they have more developers and its good to see more investment and bigger % of the market being taken up by mac.

Look I grew up on Apple computers. They are a good company. They know how to rob their customers blind for certain things... but overall they do a damn good job at making software/hardware... I don't think anybody can argue that.

What I'm really looking forward to is Microsoft Surface. They have been testing it for a long time now. Its going to be really good when they get it ready to run real work applications like a DAW. Its going to be another 3 years at least until its priced for the average consumer so it is a ways away.

Until then I will just keep saving for my Jazzmutant Lemur...

Touch Screen for the Win!

600,000 developers? What a steaming pile of marketing BS. They don’t EMPLOY that many - they’re bundling up anyone who’s ever written a mac app.

In which case there’s probably tens of millions of PC developers out there.

[quote]bouffont (22/10/2010)[hr]600,000 developers? What a steaming pile of marketing BS. They don’t EMPLOY that many - they’re bundling up anyone who’s ever written a mac app.

In which case there’s probably tens of millions of PC developers out there.[/quote]

He was actually talking about 3rd party developers and not developers that they employ.