MacBook

Guys

Thinking about getting a MacBook soley for music production. Who uses one and could please advise me on addyional hardware I may need to get rolling with it?

Many thanks

X

Jealous . :hehe:

Yes, i’m having a very similar dilemma myself…!?!..I’m just about to purchase a new set up as i want to start making music seriously and i’ve got a budget of 2 grand but can’t decide whether to go for pc or mac…i’ve been told by several people that Logic is the best DAW if you really want to start producing properly…yet one or two other mates have said that macs are too expensive and so is the running costs of updating the software for Logic, and that i would get alot more for my money with regard to a midi keyboard, interface and speakers etc. if i opted for a pc…

…Please can somebody advise me on whether or not i can get a decent computerised home studio set up for £2,000…?..i’m quite happy to purchase a new (or refurbished) macbook or pc as long as they have a fairly reasonable warranty for peace of mind and will gladly buy any software (Logic, Pro Tools, T-Rax etc.) that has been used…

I have a massive collection of vinyl and love anything (good) from soul, funk, punk, afrobeat, indie, disco, jazz, jackin house, electro, blues, reggae, downtempo, soundtracks, acid house, US Gospel garage…the list of influences goes on and on but i’d really like to start making deep house…

Any feedback or advise would be greatly appreciated as i am looking to do this before the end of the month?

Many thanks,

I’m not really that clued up on addyional hardware but ive heard it’s the best you can get. Worth the investment tbh :cool:

I hear there maybe a few cheap macbooks going for sale in North London :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry could not resist :slight_smile:

[quote]Daren (08/08/2011)[hr]Logic is the best DAW if you really want to start producing properly…[/quote]

Speaking from someone who uses both Logic and Ableton, i can say with safe assurance…

What a load of BLLX

[quote]Roben (08/08/2011)[hr][quote]Daren (08/08/2011)[hr]Logic is the best DAW if you really want to start producing properly…[/quote]

Speaking from someone who uses both Logic and Ableton, i can say with safe assurance…

What a load of BLLX[/quote]

Explain.

I’m gonna b using cubase but wondered if I’d def need an external sound card. No one got a MacBook? Roben, thought you had one?