Mainroom Style (like Swedish House Mafia)

Hey guys,

i have a problem with my project, the most of it is done but i can’t find variations in the lead sound which makes the woooow effect…

i have my midi part for the lead and i use it for the bass and the mids and the lead and every project i’ve tried thats my problem. I have only one midi part!

What can i do, it makes me wwwwwaaaaahhhhh!

Sorry for my bad englisch :wink:

Thx

[quote]DJ-Dito (30/01/2011)[hr]Hey guys,

i have a problem with my project, the most of it is done but i can’t find variations in the lead sound which makes the woooow effect…

i have my midi part for the lead and i use it for the bass and the mids and the lead and every project i’ve tried thats my problem. I have only one midi part!

Thx[/quote]

hi

im not entirely sure what your question is?

Maybe he wants to know how to automate the cutoff for the filter on his lead sound?!?

[quote]DJ-Dito (30/01/2011)[hr]Hey guys,

Thx[/quote]

what synth are you using to create your lead sound, or are you using the simpler device

i find my track im working on very nice but i have only one midi part for my lead, only the stab is different.
how can i find some chord variations which are a little bit other than my lead which make the woooww effect when they are layered?

Most of the time i’m using Sylenth for low and the mid and nexus for the higher layer.

THX Guys

[quote]DJ-Dito (31/01/2011)[hr]i find my track im working on very nice but i have only one midi part for my lead, only the stab is different.

how can i find some chord variations which are a little bit other than my lead which make the woooww effect when they are layered?

Most of the time i’m using Sylenth for low and the mid and nexus for the higher layer.

THX Guys[/quote]

are you referring to automating the filter frequency?

I think what you’re asking is layering different chords together from the different instruments to create super chords. If you already have your lead’s chords, copy them over to a new instrument and then start moving notes up or down an octave. For example, pick the lowest note of a chord and move it up an octave.

Also, say for example your lead line starts at a higher note and progresses down then try creating chords as above that rise. Start on the same first chord but instead of following the lead line down, they’d go up. As the instruments are played together they then create these kind of super chords.

Hard to explain but hopefully you get the gist!

@Richie

That is was i’m searching for, ive tried it but it doesn’t sound that other way than the shm does?

What’s wrong?

Thats a part of my lead in the attachement…

Can you show me which way you would it do?

Does someone can help me please? :slight_smile:

Hey Guys, thanks for your help, ive tried the whole night ;-D

and now ive got it, now asking me why it took so long to understand how to make it, its soo simple :wink:

now i’ve got only one more problem, my kick…

its to more there, when i listen to commercial tracks i can hear the kick but its not much out there, if i tried to make it right, the kick is to much or to small… :frowning:

When you master your track at the end the kick will gel better with the rest of the track… i tend to have it a bit louder than normal before i master.