Making drops that people want to rave to

Hey everyone, over the past few weeks I’ve been really focused on getting that clubby sound. I’m getting good with melodies and build ups, but one thing I struggle with is drops, I mean I use a sub bass and a top kick but they just don’t give you that feeling that other drops (for example: Blasterjaxx) give you. Can someone help me with this? Any help I can get is extremely appreciated. br
br
Thanks br
br
Sambr
br
P.S Here are links to some songs with clubby, rave drops. br
br
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_f6J92ErAbr
br
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gARUoclDU6Ybr
br
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I41CX0RdmPQbr

Hi Sam,br
br
How are your productions going? I noticed quite a few tutorials on Youtube, did you see any of those? br
br
I usually make sure that my kick is layered with 3 kicksbr
a. Subbr
b. Middle rangebr
c. Top ( always lower volume; )br
br
My drop is usually made of a sample, that I tend to change completely. I love using different effects creating a unique sound. Otherwise you could combine a sample with synths, I suggest you keep up to date with the newest sound banks from vandalism for example.br
br
You may use Sausage Fattener to thicken the sound of your sample, but I suggest you do not overuse it. If you have any specific questions, hook me up I might be able to help you!br
br
Redouan

I see this question a lot, and I have an answer. Its the kick drum samples being used that aren’t working. br
I spent a huge amount of time learning to edit drums to sound like blasterjaxx to.br
br
I never could get the drop to sound the way i wanted though. Until I got proper drum samplesbr
br
. Now I use 1-3 drum samples and don’t add anything to the mixer channel until the tracks done. I also route my kicks to one track, then route that track to 2 sends. One sends volume I keep halfway down until the arrangement and composition is done.br
At that point the lead synth of the drop is huge and I want to keep it that way without side chaining. So i just turn the other send up until the kick is the center of the track. The kick hits are basically the legs of dancing. Even if your whole track is amazing (upper body dancing) it can be ruined by a quite kick(legs). Someone dancing in an euphoric state looks silly if their legs don’t move. The kick is that movement; riser to a JUMP then stomp x4 on the floor. br
I use WA Production Smashing EDM Kicks. 100 kicks that get the job done right the first time. I personally haven’t tried the drums on this site yet, but I’ve heard great things.br
I wrote this on my phone so I hope it makes enough since.

Is it that your drops don’t have enough weight and punch?br
br
I find adding a explosion sound on top is key. You can type gun shoot or bomb explosion one shot in google and find tones of sounds or sample them from movies. br
br
Then layer that over your sub and kick part. Mix the level and then bounce this out.br
From there loud the sample into your sampler and use the pitch env to create a really cool bend. That will give you a better impact sound. br
br