Master Channel Setup to a/b while mixing

hi,br
a lot of edm producers seem to produce into a master chain with a standart plugin chain to be loud, open, bright etc right from the start. so they can a/b their mix with other commercial tracks in the project. i think thats great. i have a decent plugin collection, but i’m unsure what might be a good standart setup for say progressive house (this is what i’m doing at the moment). any advice? would be great!br

The problm with doing this is it can create a lot of latency which makes playing in parts and general DAW use less responsive.br
br
I tend to get all my parts played in then stick Either, Ableton Glue Comp (fast attack, Medium Release 2:1 Ratio) or Waves SSl or UAD SSL G series Comp.br
br
all sound pretty similar.br
br
Then when im doing my fine tuning ill get a limiter and some EQ on too.br
br

Isn’t it better to try and get your track sounding as close to a commercial release with nothing on the master bus? then you know it’s going to stand up once actually mastered.

Its really a matter of preference.br
br
Sometimes it can give you a better insight in to the vibe and how your track will react when its being pushed in to a compressor.br
br
Its always a good idea to periodically check it still sounds good without anything on the master buss as it could highlight problem areas. but really its about what gives you the best vibe and if your CPU can handle enough stuff on master buss but still give good latency