Master master master

I’m Curious in what different people use on there master channel before rendering their track. I’ve got so many people that recommend so many different things. I want to have my sounds jump out at the listener.

If I’ve mixed it well enough, normally just EQ, Multiband Compressor, Limiter in that order. br
br
I also put a level meter and a dynamic range meter on the end so I can make sure I’m not killing the mix by pushing it too hard. Although I obviously do that by ear too, it’s nice to be able to see that you’re not over cooking it.br
br

Nothing.br
br
Make a stereo Aux track that acts as your master then set its output to the master channel with every other track in the project outputting to the stereo bus. This way you can put effects and stuff on the stereo bus while still leaving the master dry and always at unity.br
br
only thing to keep in mind is the difference in signal flow.br
br
Master faders audio goes though effect inserts AFTER hitting the fader so if you have a compressor on your master fader then you turn the master fader down compression will be rendered useless. But on the stereo aux track the signal goes though the effects before its output on the fader. So you can turn the compressed signal up and down.br
I tend not to touch the fader on my master anyway but I still do it this way just incase.

Ak, every mix needs a different master chainbr
It all depends on how well mixed and balanced your track ends up in the master.br
br
But I do think most will use an EQ, compressor and ending up with a limiter.br
br