Mastering down - IL Maximiser & random hiss/white noise thingie

Ok so i’ve just got myself IL maximiser after being told its great for final mastering of tracks. I’ve put the following through my master mixer:

• Compressor (just for some light compression to bring everything up a bit)
  • D82 Sonic Maximiser (to tweak the highs and lows a little and give it that crisp roundness)
  • IL maximiser (apparently supposed to round everything off and bring out all the elements of the track etc)
  • Stereo Surround Panner (chris lake recommended this in the computer music mag DVD, not really sure what it does but it apparently makes the final mix down sound a bit better)

Anyways i will play back the track and on occasion in random parts I get this white noise hiss play over everthing for about 3 seconds then it will go away, and later on it will come back.

I thought i’d bounce everything down and hopefully there would be no white noise sound. This was not the case, i’d play back the .wav and the white noise thing was present in random parts of the track.

I tried to work out what this could be, turning each part off and playing back the track, it came down to being the IL maximiser.

Does anyone have an idea why it could be causing that and how i can tweek the IL maximiser to stop doing that?

Oh and any recommendations on mastering tools and thoughts on the ones i’ve used already?

What do you use when your final mastering & in any particular order?

All tips, advice, feedback, thoughts, etc, etc very much welcome. Lets share the knowlege :slight_smile:

The Sonic Academy forum still wont allow you to ‘edit’, it just takes you to log in, you log in but then nothing happens, it just keeps showing you the ‘log in’ page.

Anyways i meant to say that the plug ins go through my master channel NOT my master mixer lol. Im not using an external mixer.

Anyways i will play back the track and on occasion in random parts I get this white noise hiss play over everthing for about 3 seconds then it will go away, and later on it will come back.
I thought i’d bounce everything down and hopefully there would be no white noise sound. This was not the case, i’d play back the .wav and the white noise thing was present in random parts of the track.

I tried to work out what this could be, turning each part off and playing back the track, it came down to being the IL maximiser.

mate this sounds like the plugin is a demo. If its a demo version then u will get little bursts of white noise. Its the manufacturers way of making you buy the plugins. If you like it buy it!!

Hope this helps dude

haha yeah it is a demo, didnt think it would do that though. At least i know now.

Cheers =)