Mastering problems

Hi guys,br
br
First time poster here!br
br
Produced a remix, and thanks to the videos on this site, its my best 1 yet, although a long way off pro.br
br
My question is this…br
br
I mastered the track so sounded nice in my headphones, on my studio monitors on my stereo (i like to listen from various different speakers). All sounded good, so was excited to play it out tonight at my residency.br
br
Played it and boy was i let down. The treble was completely over the top and there was virtually no mids. The bass was ok.br
br
Do you think its the fact that i have my studio monitors just set up in my spare bedroom causing the sound to be different than in the club?br
br
Do you have any tips for producing a warmer, all round sound?br
br
I’m using Ableton 9 by the waybr
br

might need to get some room treatment. bass traps, wall mounts. i would look into it. makes a difference:)

I would get some reference songs similar to what you want to sound like and just listen to how they sound on your monitors. Pull in a spectrum and check it out compared to your projects…just gotta find the sweet spot for your own set up :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, treating the room isn’t an option.br
br
Obviously, i’ll have to do it the hard way and learn from my mistakes get used to the sound!

by the way have you checked how your song sounds in mono? br
br
I got this from DJ tech tools: (ABLETON) Try adding a utility to your master chain and bringing the “width” down to zero. This will render your mixdown out to mono immediately, which may cause either grief or joy depending on how you use it. Mixing in mono means that you can’t use stereo at all (no “horizontal” mixing), so you have to really get the gain structure right. Remember that many club systems are dual output mono, so if your track isn’t sounding good with the width down in Utility, it won’t sound good on the dancefloor!

+1 on what Victorj said.nbsp; Mono the signal and then play it through 1 speaker right in front of you.nbsp; /PPAbout those mid-sections: I can highly recommend getting what is sometimes referred to as "Horrortones"nbsp; (Auratones), or a suitable substitute like an Avatone Mixcube ornbsp; the cheaper Behringer-model C50a’s.nbsp; Since I got myself a Mixcube only recently, my mixdowns have greatly improved.nbsp;/PPIf you can’t afford those, try finding some of the least attractive-sounding speakers (like your standard delivered PC-speakers or something with practically no bass and andnbsp;lots ofnbsp;midrange.nbsp; Off course these won’t have the ability to deliver really tight transients, like the Mixcubes).nbsp; /PPI had tonbsp;hear it to believe it, but in order to get a good mixdown, you need a “bass-challenged system” for monitoring as a counterweight to all those awesome-sounding Mackies, Dynaudios, Yamaha’s, etc.nbsp; This way you really zoom in on the most important frequency range in human hearing and get the mix right in that zone.nbsp; And as a bonus you can easily check thenbsp;mono-compatibility as you’re going through the mixdown.

thanks for the replies guys…much appreciated :smiley: