Mat zo linnea schossow the sky you like?

Whats funny is when I first heard this track I genuinely kept thinking to myself “wasnt this one Social Network?”.

Just somewhat reminds me of that Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor sound in some places (mostly the 5 min mark when the guitar kicks).

Prolly one of the best tracks released in a while though, great vibe going for it.

Love this tune and everything he does at the moment.

Maybe a how to make tutorial is in order.

Yeah id defo watch a how to be mat zo. :slight_smile:

I dunno…

The vocal is nice but im sick of this trance-house/trance-electro stuff, i just wish theyd let trance be trance…

Agreed its a nice track but its not Fresh- not saying you always have to be but …

[quote]jjdejong0 (19/05/2012)[hr]I dunno…

The vocal is nice but im sick of this trance-house/trance-electro stuff, i just wish theyd let trance be trance…[/quote]

i think your right man, but trance is nothing like its used to be, and progressive house has gone so commercial i actually makes me angry! deep/tech house is the only original genre latley imo

[quote]jjdejong0 (19/05/2012)[hr]I dunno…

The vocal is nice but im sick of this trance-house/trance-electro stuff, i just wish theyd let trance be trance…[/quote]

Understandable I guess but at the same time if that attitude was applied with all artists the amount of variation will be lacking.

Sure between the tracks there is some variation but a lot of the trance stuff with that old trance style seem to sound the same these days. That could be the artists fault not the genre’s but without grabbing some influence from elsewhere its not gonna be truly noticeable.

Its hard to explain my point for some reason, but I hope you get what I mean.

Electro’ish Trance is just a variation of the classical grabbing influences from Electro House and in this case I would think some dubstep with the wobble synth (I know they were around before but I think its fair to say dubstep put em out there).

And is this really trance at all, doesnt have the trance riffs… Sounds more prog house to me. I hate trying to classify genre’s :stuck_out_tongue:

Im not against being new or original or creative i just find it very worrying when i go to beatport and see the top ten filled with tracks that are around the 128-130 BPM. I mean these are not Trance BPM’s. If you wanna make House fine no problem i just miss the faster uplifting high flying trance from around 2006-2008. Its all just going sooooooo incredibly slow and progressive these days and it doesnt help i guess with House producers like Hardwell or Avicii making very trancy breaks etc, its populair so everyone is thinking ok thats the sound we need to make and i understand that completely. I guess i just think its all a bit of a shame really :frowning:

I think that the 135-140 trance has just been a bit done to death and sounds a bit old hat compared to the new trouse stuff.

no doubt when people get bored or the US starts to get interested in faster stuff it will become more popular again.

120-130 has always been a more popular tempo for commercial music too… and with the potential to sell big in the US with those style tracks a lot of producers are obviously drawn to it.

[quote]jjdejong0 (25/05/2012)[hr] i just miss the faster uplifting high flying trance from around 2006-2008. Its all just going sooooooo incredibly slow :([/quote]

Agreed!

At best you just have to find the prog tracks you like and hope there’s a faster remix.

here is a track from Redstar (Mike Shiver remix) is a little slower and sort of prog style and then theres (Falcon’s Solution remix) which is uplifting and has that faster feel. both are great Trance tracks in different styles.:cool:

The slower trance suits me fine. My feet can’t move as fast as they used to.