Membership cancelled

[quote]phil johnston (07/07/2011)[hr]Do you guys think that building grooves on their own similar to the tribal course without arrangements is as useful or is the arrangement part essential?[/quote]

I think touching on how to keep the track flowing with subtle changes and tricks would be a good addition to building the grooves, evolving fx and atmospheres.

I don’t think an entire arrangement walkthrough is essential, although I wouldn’t say no! :wink:

[quote]jbachjr78 (07/07/2011)[hr][quote]AndyBayley (06/07/2011)[hr][quote]jbachjr78 (06/07/2011)[hr]I realy don’t see any other sites that really come close to what SA offers and at the price point that they offer it at.

Would it be nice to have your personal genre singled out, of course, but unless SA hires individuals for each genre (which would probably raise the sub price to offset the cost) it’s just not possible.

I know you guys aren’t bashing it, but I have seen plenty of people wining about their genre not being focused on here and I guess I’m just a little tired of it.

Ok, my rant is over now. Continue :)[/quote]

I agree that it is unreasonable to expect my choice of genres to be favoured over others, and i also understand that the cost of membership here is not high enough to justify tutors for individual genres, but any outgoings for me other than the morgage and bills etc need to be fully justified, and i feel that more could (should) be done to create more tech tips and mini tuts to keep everyone interested inbetween the bigger more focused tutorials being made available. Infact i think Tech tips are better, having small tutorials focusing on a particular sound, or groove or whatever can be the catalyst for starting a track and thats more what im after as opposed to copying techniques for a full track.

i have started a few request threads, and made a few suggestions elsewhere, none of which have involved wining of any description.

i didnt intend for this thread to turn into an un-appreciation club. ive picked up loads of techniques here which have enhanced my music, and im sure i will get an email about a new tutorial before long that will entice me back!

:slight_smile:

[/quote]

Agree with everything you said.

Also, just for varification, you were not the one that I was saying is wining. Read it back again.

Those are some good suggestions that you made. I don’t want it to sound like I’m saying you cannot have opinions and requests to improve the site. That’s all good and fine, but I just wanted to vent because others on here just want their genre showcased and destroy the site when it doesn’t cater to them personally(you have been called out BoneIdol:D). They usually don’t present good or valid arguments as you have.

Hope you stick around the forums though.

There are some great things to be learned through here as well and the community is very helpful.[/quote]

haha i know that comment wasnt aimed at me mate! :wink: oh i will definitely still be hanging round the forums! :slight_smile:

[quote]ICN (06/07/2011)[hr]Yeah, good post man!

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

For a whiner… JOKE - LOL :w00t: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :hehe: :hehe: :cool: :cool:

Everyone should get a little of what makes them happy. Life is short.[/quote]

lol i missed that when i read your post the first time!

[quote]phil johnston (07/07/2011)[hr]Do you guys think that building grooves on their own similar to the tribal course without arrangements is as useful or is the arrangement part essential?[/quote]

i definitely think that shorter non structure based tutorials would be a major winner! although alot can be learned whilst watching full arrangements, i personally found myself losing interest by the time i got a quarter of the way through and heading off my owndirection with the foundation that was built from the beginning of the tutorial. i think what people want are more frequent videos with quick fire tips and ideas for grooves, tricks, synthesis etc. perhaps more of the styles could be covered in doing this rather than having to spend so long on a full blown sequencing and arrangement video for 1 style. i imagine it must be a nightmare trying to cater to everyones requests, and think you’ve done a great job so far! regardless of genre, there are loads of techniques i hadn’t used before that i now use on a daily basis!

i think perhaps the problem is that sequencing and arrangements are the more personal choices which make the overall sound your own. thats why i think that more tech tips would give people the ammo required to kick start their own productions.

Hey - Stop calling BoneIDOL a whinger! :smiley:

@ Andy - LOL

[quote]AndyBayley (09/07/2011)[hr][quote]phil johnston (07/07/2011)[hr]Do you guys think that building grooves on their own similar to the tribal course without arrangements is as useful or is the arrangement part essential?[/quote]

i definitely think that shorter non structure based tutorials would be a major winner! although alot can be learned whilst watching full arrangements, i personally found myself losing interest by the time i got a quarter of the way through and heading off my owndirection with the foundation that was built from the beginning of the tutorial. i think what people want are more frequent videos with quick fire tips and ideas for grooves, tricks, synthesis etc. perhaps more of the styles could be covered in doing this rather than having to spend so long on a full blown sequencing and arrangement video for 1 style. i imagine it must be a nightmare trying to cater to everyones requests, and think you’ve done a great job so far! regardless of genre, there are loads of techniques i hadn’t used before that i now use on a daily basis!

i think perhaps the problem is that sequencing and arrangements are the more personal choices which make the overall sound your own. thats why i think that more tech tips would give people the ammo required to kick start their own productions.[/quote]

Haha Andy I am was exactly the same - got bored half waty through - but yeah the tech tips were great when I still subbed - and they could be used for any style of edm with a little thought and experimentation