Membership cancelled

i ended my subscription to Sonic Academy last night, after 5 months. ive really enjoyed watching the videos on here, and would like to thank the guys that make it happen. However, i feel that the styles i am looking for guidance on are not being covered. if there are any hardstyle, or hard trance / (harder) techno tuts put up in future i will definitely re subscribe!

Its a shame really cos it seems like the harder styles are just being completely ignored by SA.

yeah it is a shame. it wouldnt even need to be full blow tutorials. It would be nice to see some tech tips on making hardstyle kicks, european hard trance bass, harder techno percussion loops etc.

• 1 for more tech tips. There seems to be an absence of those recently.

I find they fill the void while you are waiting for something that is more interesting.

No secret here: but I would love to see more Techno orientated content.

I dont want to see any section of our community left out - thats why its cool to see little bits here & there for each group. Thats what keeps everyone going in the meantime :cool:

[quote]ICN (05/07/2011)[hr]+ 1 for more tech tips. There seems to be an absence of those recently.

I find they fill the void while you are waiting for something that is more interesting.

No secret here:but I would love to see more Techno orientated content.

I dont want to see any section of our communityleft out- thats why its cool to see little bits here & there for each group.Thats what keeps everyone going in the meantime:cool:[/quote]

deffo agree with you on this:)

[quote]chris17 (05/07/2011)[hr][quote]ICN (05/07/2011)[hr]+ 1 for more tech tips. There seems to be an absence of those recently.

No secret here:but I would love to see more Techno orientated content.

I dont want to see any section of our communityleft out- thats why its cool to see little bits here & there for each group.Thats what keeps everyone going in the meantime:cool:[/quote]

deffo agree with you on this:)[/quote]

Deffo agree with you on that :cool:

The thing is it seems every section of the electronic music world has got something on here and some seem to get more than others but the harder styles are definately more on the recieving end of the almighty SA cock up arse shafting tbh…

[quote]AndyBayley (30/06/2011)[hr]i ended my subscription to Sonic Academy last night, after 5 months. ive really enjoyed watching the videos on here, and would like to thank the guys that make it happen. However, i feel that the styles i am looking for guidance on are not being covered. if there are any hardstyle, or hard trance / (harder) techno tuts put up in future i will definitely re subscribe![/quote]

My sub has run out, I don’t see the point in re subscribing at the moment. Don’t get me worry s.a has been a massive help to me and would recommend it to anyone.!! I’m just gonna wait for more tech Based tuts

I realy don’t see any other sites that really come close to what SA offers and at the price point that they offer it at.

Would it be nice to have your personal genre singled out, of course, but unless SA hires individuals for each genre (which would probably raise the sub price to offset the cost) it’s just not possible.

I know you guys aren’t bashing it, but I have seen plenty of people wining about their genre not being focused on here and I guess I’m just a little tired of it.

Ok, my rant is over now. Continue :slight_smile:

[quote]jbachjr78 (06/07/2011)[hr]I realy don’t see any other sites that really come close to what SA offers and at the price point that they offer it at.

Would it be nice to have your personal genre singled out, of course, but unless SA hires individuals for each genre (which would probably raise the sub price to offset the cost) it’s just not possible.

I know you guys aren’t bashing it, but I have seen plenty of people wining about their genre not being focused on here and I guess I’m just a little tired of it.

Ok, my rant is over now. Continue :)[/quote]

I actually agree with you - even though I have not renewed my sub :slight_smile:

Yeah I didn’t renew mine membership also, Phil said he was going to do a HTSL Defective Audio (Dom Sweeten) almost a year ago now, so intill he sorts that out I won’t be giving them anymore money!

:cool:

[quote]jbachjr78 (06/07/2011)[hr]I realy don’t see any other sites that really come close to what SA offers and at the price point that they offer it at.

I agree that it is unreasonable to expect my choice of genres to be favoured over others, and i also understand that the cost of membership here is not high enough to justify tutors for individual genres, but any outgoings for me other than the morgage and bills etc need to be fully justified, and i feel that more could (should) be done to create more tech tips and mini tuts to keep everyone interested inbetween the bigger more focused tutorials being made available. Infact i think Tech tips are better, having small tutorials focusing on a particular sound, or groove or whatever can be the catalyst for starting a track and thats more what im after as opposed to copying techniques for a full track.

i have started a few request threads, and made a few suggestions elsewhere, none of which have involved wining of any description.

i didnt intend for this thread to turn into an un-appreciation club. ive picked up loads of techniques here which have enhanced my music, and im sure i will get an email about a new tutorial before long that will entice me back!

:slight_smile:

Good post :slight_smile:

[quote]AndyBayley (06/07/2011)
I agree that it is unreasonable to expect my choice of genres to be favoured over others, and i also understand that the cost of membership here is not high enough to justify tutors for individual genres, but any outgoings for me other than the morgage and bills etc need to be fully justified, and i feel that more could (should) be done to create more tech tips and mini tuts to keep everyone interested inbetween the bigger more focused tutorials being made available. Infact i think Tech tips are better, having small tutorials focusing on a particular sound, or groove or whatever can be the catalyst for starting a track and thats more what im after as opposed to copying techniques for a full track.

i have started a few request threads, and made a few suggestions elsewhere, none of which have involved wining of any description.

i didnt intend for this thread to turn into an un-appreciation club. ive picked up loads of techniques here which have enhanced my music, and im sure i will get an email about a new tutorial before long that will entice me back!

[/quote]

Yeah, good post man!

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

I

For a whiner… JOKE - LOL :w00t: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :hehe: :hehe: :cool: :cool:

Everyone should get a little of what makes them happy. Life is short.

Do you guys think that building grooves on their own similar to the tribal course without arrangements is as useful or is the arrangement part essential?

Phil how are you getting on with the HTSL Defective Audio, as its been a while now?

[quote]AndyBayley (06/07/2011)[hr][quote]jbachjr78 (06/07/2011)[hr]I realy don’t see any other sites that really come close to what SA offers and at the price point that they offer it at.

[/quote]

Agree with everything you said.

Also, just for varification, you were not the one that I was saying is wining. Read it back again.

Those are some good suggestions that you made. I don’t want it to sound like I’m saying you cannot have opinions and requests to improve the site. That’s all good and fine, but I just wanted to vent because others on here just want their genre showcased and destroy the site when it doesn’t cater to them personally(you have been called out BoneIdol:D). They usually don’t present good or valid arguments as you have.

Hope you stick around the forums though.
There are some great things to be learned through here as well and the community is very helpful.

[quote]phil johnston (07/07/2011)[hr]Do you guys think that building grooves on their own similar to the tribal course without arrangements is as useful or is the arrangement part essential?[/quote]

Hi Phil,

If its an open question… I’m sure the Techno Lads would love & appreciate a tut covering different approaches to:

Making bass.

Getting drums & loops together (and dirty) 

General sound design (atmospheres / fx)  

Maybe looking at some of the ways to use reverb & compression to get that “sound” from a sends / master POV.

That would be seriously wicked.

I suppose in the heavier stuff that we’re all loving, theres occasionally long grooves with subtle changes etc… that keep it flowing. I think even if that were to be addressed in terms of advice / a bit of a quick transisition walkthrough - then that would be fantastic.

I dont think a full blown arrangment per-se is required…

but it would be nice if the tut was “advanced” : showing how to vary sounds - similar to the tech tips where you did something with the Slam bass I think it was - by adding some more fx. That type of thing…

Concentrating on variations & techniques & genre tricks.

Y’know yerself - All killer… no filler! :slight_smile: :hehe: :cool: 

Oh yeah, I forgot to answer you Phil. :hehe:hehe

I think I could do without the arrangements and just build grooves.
Have to say that it is more helpful to me.

If that is something that you would start doing, then would it make it easier for you guys to highlight individual genres better and faster? If so, then I think that would probably interest alot of people on here.

[quote]ICN (07/07/2011)[hr][quote]phil johnston (07/07/2011)[hr]Do you guys think that building grooves on their own similar to the tribal course without arrangements is as useful or is the arrangement part essential?[/quote]

Hi Phil,

Ifits an open question… I’m sure the Techno Lads would love& appreciateatut covering different approaches to:

Making bass.

Getting drums & loops together (and dirty)

General sound design (atmospheres / fx)

Maybe looking at some of the ways to use reverb & compression to get that “sound” from a sends / master POV.

That would be seriously wicked.

I suppose in the heavier stuff that we’re all loving, theres occasionally long grooves with subtle changes etc… that keep it flowing. I think even if that were to be addressed in terms of advice / a bit of a quick transisition walkthrough - then that would be fantastic.

I dont think a full blown arrangment per-se is required…

but it would be niceif the tut was"advanced": showing how to vary sounds - similar to the tech tips where you did something with the Slam bass I think it was - by adding some more fx. That type of thing…

Concentrating on variations & techniques & genre tricks.

Y’know yerself - All killer…no filler! :slight_smile: :hehe: :cool:[/quote]

Yeah that’s what I was gonna say:hehe:

But in all seriousness I still struggle with getting the bass right and sounding techno, not minimal but proper dirty sounding :slight_smile: really really heavy but retaining it’s fatness

About the arrangements I think you’ll get different answers from people at different levels tbh. Right now I would like to see more on grooves. There is so much forward thinking music especially in techno that does not use a standard 4x4 beat. I’m really interested in that sort of stuff at the moment