Minimal techno track

Would like feedback pls

http://soundcloud.com/zookey-1/minimal-tech-1-1

there are some nice elements in this, im not an expert on minimal but it sounds a little to ‘straight’ for me at times but once it got going a bit i adapted to it, dunno if that helps, im no expert :stuck_out_tongue:

Left a few comments on the track for ya.

The transitions are a bit odd and that synth doesnt seem to gel with the other sounds or improve the grove

plus my arangement is pretty bad :smiley: minimal is so complex with the arangement…anyway my 1st minimal project so i will get there :smiley:

I think that over all its not that strong of a track and dosnt grab my attention. nothing in it makes me go wow whats that noise or how he do that that sounds really cool...it need a "Hook"

heres a few things that would help that

1) I think the synth stab that comes in at about 116 dost sound good or gel with the rest of the track. This could be the "hook" that grabs you so id start here. I would first try some different sounds, maybe a stab like the ones in the advance minimal techno video might work. I think making it shorter and a bit higher in feq would work better, apply some reverb or something creative. Maybe even try a tom with some effects or distortion. Mostly i would try a few different things here and mess with it till you get a sound that you get excited about. a good way to get inspiration is to look at some of your favorite tracks to get some ideas. take a look at how they do a synth stab, how they use effects ect...

2) Once get the stab synth or hook down id start to lay down spot FX. something like they do in the advance minimal techno video. this will help give interest and move the track along.

3) after all of that id try some different edits. some times its nice to sit a track down for a while days or even weeks. then just do a totally new edit with the same elements. i find i almost always get a better track then my first edit when i do this. I know alot of my producer friends with releases will do this alot.

i hope this helps
Kawa

[quote]Zookey24 (29/02/2012)[hr]plus my arangement is pretty bad :smiley: minimal is so complex with the arangement…anyway my 1st minimal project so i will get there :D[/quote]

Yeah its ok as it is your first minimal project but try to be set yourself well in the next one! Even I worked hard for making the arrangements for the first time.

i think i made proggress in my last project check it out if u got the time