Missing Legacy Content

Hi br
I have bought the Logic Pro 9 app direct from Apple app store and am working through the tutorials. i have just started on the Electro 2013 tutorial but cant seem to find the legacy content in the EXs 1 to make the closed hat.br
Has any one else had this problem and if so how can i fix it.br
br
Cheersbr
Paul

have you installed all the additional content?

Hi Phil,br
Yes i have d/l and installed all the content that is available but there is nothing anywhere that says Legacy.br
br
Cheersbr
Paul

Hi Paul,br
The kit you are looking for will be located in Logic 9 along the following path - ESX24 - Factory - Drums Percussion - Electronic Drum Kits - Electro Kits. It is not legacy content in LP9.br
br
Hope that helpsbr
br
br
Chris

Hi Paul,br
My bad - wrong Hi Hat. Because you have downloaded from the App store and not from discs your content maybe missing - The Legacy content is not installed by default. You have to pop-in the installer, and open “Logic Content” and select “Legacy content” to install it.br
br
Let me know if that worksbr
br
Chris

Hi Chris,br
br
I have only just switched over to a mac so am not sure how to get back into the installer. Hope you can help.br
Cheersbr
Paul br

Still cant find the Legacy content:angry:br
As i said in my last post i am new to a mac and cant find the Logic installer anywhere.Can anyone point me in the right direction? br
br
Cheersbr
Paul

installer should be in the app store application.

Hi Phil,br
I have been on the App store and clicked on purchases and then on Logic pro and it just keeps saying This product is currently unavailable in the UK store. I guess this is because 10 has just come out. I think i am just going to have to live without the Legacy content.br
br
Thanks for your helpbr
Paul

This is really frustrating:crazy:br
I have been trawling the net trying to find a solution. From what i can tell when you buy something from the app store it is automatically downloaded and the installed but after the installation the installer is removed. I love the mac and cant see me going back to a PC again but it is a bit annoying when you pay good money for something but cant get back to the installer if something goes wrong.

think you can re-download the installer?br
br
maybe have to delete or rename the app folder or something.

The trouble is on the app store ,under my purchases , Logic pro 9 is no longer available. I may pop to my local apple store on the weekend and see if they can sort it. I copied the setting from the resource pack so i can crack on with the tutorial.br
br
Thanks for help though Phil.br
Cheersbr
paul

Hi,br
After a lot of searching and failing to find the Legacy content i contacted the App store.They basically couldn’t do anything as the Logic pro 9 is no longer available but they gave me a full refund :). Now i have another question do i make do with Logic 9 minus the Legacy content or respend the refund on Logic X?br
Is it worth changing or should i spend the money on some thing else like plugins.br
br
Any advice from anyone who has made the change.br
br
Cheersbr
Paulbr
br
br

Well, with Logic Pro X you get masses of plugins and content, all for £139. That would be one or possibly two plugins else where. If you didn’t buy LPX what DAW would you use?br
br
Chris

Hi Chris,br
I still have LP 9. Apple basically offered me an upgrade by refunding the full £140 i paid for 9. So i have 9 but without the Legacy content. I am just not sure if i should just stick with 9 or use the refund and upgrade to X.br
br
Cheersbr
Paul

Well, don’t think you are missing much not having the legacy content, but LPX is the future, and you have an op to upgrade for free - you call!

have to say that LPX is so much better than LP9, not revolutionary but its the small things that counts. So i think not upgrading when you get it free is a stupid move. :wink:

Cheers Chris,Lonewolf.br
br
I think you guys have made my mind up. As soon as the money for the refund is in my account i am going to make the change.

No problem P-mac, hope you enjoy it! :slight_smile: