Mix cd-Track editing

Im wondering if theres an easier way of seperating an hour long mix into individual tracks. At the moment im loading my mixs into wave pad and cuting the mix into different bits from there,but its time consuming. is there any easier way to do it?

thanks

I don’t think there is any other way, it’s annoying and time consuming isn’t it! Had to do it a few times myself.

I forgot how i used to do it, but I dont remember it taking that long.

yeah you can do this with several bits of software, are you on mac or pc ???

are we talking tracking btw or just slicing up tracks from a mix ?

If your talking about just track marking the set just put track makers down where ever you want

Thats what i use to do in wavelab, didnt take long at all and could even label each track so the name of it and artist would show up in the player:cool:

[quote]boneidol (07/02/2010)[hr]If your talking about just track marking the set just put track makers down where ever you want

Thats what i use to do in wavelab, didnt take long at all and could even label each track so the name of it and artist would show up in the player:cool:[/quote]

Thats what i was thinking they are talking about, can be done in Soundforge, Cd Architect, Wave Burner, Wave Lab, Sound Track Pro, Adobe Audition to name a few.

just locate the start of a mix or new track, drop in a marker, put the details of the track in (Name,Producer,Mix) do this through the whole mix and then either burn to disk or save as project.

Waveburner is my personal favourite but u gotta have a Mac!

[quote]boneidol (07/02/2010)[hr]If your talking about just track marking the set just put track makers down where ever you want

Thats what i use to do in wavelab, didnt take long at all and could even label each track so the name of it and artist would show up in the player:cool:[/quote]

I used to use soundforge to do my chopping, didn’t find anything like this though? What I was doing was having to copy and select over the sections i wanted to cut as a seperate tune, then cut it, paste to new, then save, i’d do this for each track on the mix.

It’s a right pain! lol.

Could you tell me how i do this track makers?

[quote]roben (07/02/2010)[hr][quote]boneidol (07/02/2010)[hr]If your talking about just track marking the set just put track makers down where ever you want

I used to use soundforge to do my chopping, didn’t find anything like this though? What I was doing was having to copy and select over the sections i wanted to cut as a seperate tune, then cut it, paste to new, then save, i’d do this for each track on the mix.

It’s a right pain! lol.

Could you tell me how i do this track makers?[/quote]

if you’ve paid for soundforge :smiley: it comes with CD Architect 5.2 which is made for the job you (as well as other things) Nero Burn is also another program that will do this.

i can’t run through it at the moment because i am on macand i don’t have soundforge or CD Arc in front of me, i’ll see if i can borrow my brothers Laptop and run through it for you another day though

Ye im on mac,il try a couple of the ways uz suggested and get back to uz. thanks

:wink:

for got to mention Bias Peak (sure you can do it in that too)