just got mixed in key and was just wondering if there is an easy way of adding all my tunes (from itunes) to be analyzed, i have tried;
-selecting all music from itunes and draging them over
-locating itunes folder through mixed in key
-locating itunes folder then trying to drag that over
but every time it doesnt want to add all the music i select (it is 5k or so, maybe this is the prob)
cheers in advance
itunes converts your tunes to a diff format, that’s the problem. Think it’s .AIFF, maybe mixed in key doesn’t recognise .AIFF files.
Your best bet maybe to find an .AIFF to MP3 converter, extract all your itunes files into a desktop folder, then convert all those files into a suitable format, then try your mixed in key after.
I think itunes has a aiff mp3 convertor in advanced settings as i am sure my mac friend showed me once
[quote]slender (03/07/2010)[hr]I think itunes has a aiff mp3 convertor in advanced settings as i am sure my mac friend showed me once[/quote]
Well that will make life easier if they do
Just googled this
Mixed in Key will recognize AIFF, Wav, mp3 etc.
But once they have been through Mixed in Key they will look differently in iTunes.
(WAV AIFF) 8A - 128 - Drew Moon - Lukes home. (artist column only)
(mp3) Lukes Home (name column) 8A - Drew Moon (artist column)
128 (bpm column)
If you want commit and do your whole iTunes library.
- Take the iTunes Music folder out of iTunes and put it in your music.
- If you have 5k library break up the process drag 1000k tunes at a time
e.g A-E E-J in MIK
- Once finished delete iTunes Music Library.xml file. So you can rebuild your library.
- Make sure “Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library” is ticked in iTunes Advanced tab in iTunes. Then drag the iTunes Music and copy it into iTunes.
- Once imported and copied back to iTunes, you can delete the folder that you took out of iTunes.
I hope this helps.
nice one moonbuggy, big help!!!