Mixing & Mastering - Mixing an EDM Wall of Sound with Soundprank / 471

Thanks Bryan,

Im not sure what changed but now it appears to be working with the stream.

Great tutor, nice style, warm and friendly voice, knowledgeable and moves with a decent pace, not too fast, not too slow. This is a great pack to help you understand what you’re doing mixing wise.

1 Like

Hey @Roben so happy you liked it. Colin is an amazing tutor. Really hope to have more from him soon.

Great course. Would love more tutorials from Soundprank

2 Likes

Just watched the course beginning to end for the second time. So much good knowledge dropped here. Would love to see more Soundprank tuts on SA.

We have more coming in the next few months!!
He is working on a ‘Part 2’ of this course over the next few weeks :wink:

1 Like

Excellent to hear; thanks Chris. You guys doing good work :slight_smile: I started a new proggy track, and am trying to apply the concepts I learned in the course. Will post to the forum for critique once I have my arrangement to a presentable level.

Hi I have a question about this tutorial and wondering if someone could give me a response. He has his channel faders pretty much full whack and some channels are clipping. He has got his headroom by sticking a utility on the master channel and dealing it down 8db, then mastering the track himself. Is this a normal practice? Could you do this to get your headroom and then send to a mastering engineer? I’ve always pulled back the channel faders to give me the headroom of around 6db. Any feedback appreciated thanks.

it’s best practice to keep it the levels under control as you go - generally, however, you can do this if you want to yes, provided you aren’t going hot into a third party VST / Plugin on one of your channels.

thanks for the tips but wheeew…that’s a passe sound isn’t it? hittin’ a liiiitle too hard with that african rhumba clave. boy. but this is like the ultimate EDM pastiche well done~~!

I think its a wicked track - loved it myself !

great tutorials from a great producer.

1 Like

Glad you liked - he has a new course out this week - How To Make French House in Ableton with Soundprank | Tutorial 01 - Play through and Introduction

Incredibly generous and useful tutorial. Thanks Colin.

Really eye opening tutorial. Thanks Colin!

Excelente curso Me Gusta Mucho La Produccion y Sobre Todo Saber Mas de Mastering

Very nice course!!

nice

Nice tutorial. What type of EDM would this track be? I’m trying to get a handle on the different types, and it’s quite confusing to me. You should consider doing a tutorial on that sometime. Thanks.

Really cool course for the budding producer. Great insight on how to process sounds, make them sit in the mix which is the holy grail in my opinion. There is also tons of stuff here for the seasoned engineer. Just goes to show how important gain staging is!