Modern Techno - New Releases

Like the Sig Mussi! Where did you get it? :cool:

Love this track. Alexi Tyrel - Calimero - 2007.

Really “simple” - Same loop throughout, but the stab changes in position every 8 bars or so. Keeps your interest.

I’d love to see how to recreate the delay action in the breaks & variations of this song.

Everyone knows that sound and the technique is clearly on show here.

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Alexis Tyrel - Calimero (Gideon Remix) - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

Just found this - Ripperton - Leonor’s Lanugo - Radioslave RMX - 2010

Really deep. Nice evolving pads.

[quote]Mussi81 (07/08/2010)[hr]ive always digged this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V76v6Xk9pDE&feature=related

good to see plastikman is back[/quote]

Loved that!! Great to see magda there to :slight_smile:

Been listening to that Minimise to Maximise CD in the Car the last couple of weeks.

This is on it.

the guys from minus put together a nice ableton live pack available free on abletons site that you guys should find more than useful.theres enough there to cover any ground you feel the sonic guys didnt in their htsl series.

Hey Bobby, been meaning to DL that for a while now. Must do it this week.

:slight_smile:

The Bass in this is pretty cool & the Perc.

Apart from that, love the Dubby delays in it… Far more subdued that what he normally come out with, but he still manages to make it sound ominous.

Dubfire - Rejekt - 2010.

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Dubfire - Rejekt (Original mix) - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

Adam Beyer - Antistius - 2010.

Big sound.

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Adam Beyer - Antistius - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

There are some wcked sounds in that Adam Beyer track

Yeah… He’s taken the Berghain sound & put his own signature on it.

[quote]ICN (08/08/2010)[hr]Yeah… He’s taken the Berghain sound & put his own signature on it.[/quote]

A man after my own heart :stuck_out_tongue:

Sometimes simplist of things can be large

[hr]

Love with Tech, the way one little note can be introduced that just changes the mood totally.

That little wieird pitched note that comes in after a bit is really cool.

Hey, just wanted to drop by and lend my support to this Thread!

Totally agree with what’s being asked. I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with the current SA ‘tech’ tuts. It’s just that the sound of both techno and house has evolved so much, and is constantly evolving, that really you could never do too many tuts on these genres.

ICN has already posted some of my first choices! RJ is such an amazing track, the arrangement is genius. Also that Clermont Meyer track is superb, really hits a lot of different genres in one, and has a lovely housey beat to it.

The general vibe I’m getting off this thread is more of a want for modern techno than tech-house or house. So my first choice would be Peter Horroverts - Bloody Hands. 2010 I’ve been playing this track out in the club a lot lately, and I usually drop it after quite a housey set, so the sheer rawness really has an impact on the crowd, and everyone whether they admit it or not, has a love for dirty techno sounds. :slight_smile: Again, arrangement in this track is so important. It throws out a lot of the ‘norms’, which leaves the listener with a lot of anticipation. Makes people go nuts.

[hr]

<object width=“640” height=“385”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/wkikxF_I880&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1”></param><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”></param><param name=“allowscriptaccess” value=“always”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/wkikxF_I880&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“640” height=“385”></embed></object>

After this, I’d have to point towards one of my favorite producers of the last 5 years. Say what you will about him, in my eyes he’s one of the world’s best producers, being able to develop his own style as the sounds evolved, and really making his own trade-mark ‘funky techno’ sound. Very hard to pick one outstanding track from him, so I’ll pick one of his more recent entries. Sebastien Leger - Bubbly. 2009. Whilst in my opinion he has better tracks, I like picked this one because it combines that modern day funky percussive tech-house drive with some oldschool techno. The fills are also just outstanding pieces of production… Other tracks I’d recommend looking at are The Rhythm and Les Frelons.

[hr]

<object width=“480” height=“385”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/CwYAM8SjT-M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1”></param><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”></param><param name=“allowscriptaccess” value=“always”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/CwYAM8SjT-M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“480” height=“385”></embed></object>

Next is someone who colabs with Sebastien a lot too, but his name has already been dropped a few times on this thread. This track in particular takes me back to some older techno vibes, but organic natural percussive rhythms. Played this at a warehouse party a few weeks back and place went off! Lovely piece of production. Cirez D - The Tumble. 2010.

[hr]

<object width=“640” height=“385”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/fV4BT1qIovE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1”></param><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”></param><param name=“allowscriptaccess” value=“always”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/fV4BT1qIovE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“640” height=“385”></embed></object>

Finally I just wanted to link to someone I consider one of the finest producers at the moment. Whilst I love all the tracks I linked to above, I honestly wouldn’t play them that much! They’re little gems and bombs you drop when the place needs a kick at the end of the night! For the most part of the night, I stick to playing deep and groovy… Think Ramon Tapia, Coyu, Chris Lattner and Martinez! But these guys drop out so many good all round tunes, I find it hard to pick any one that particularly screams out to me as a quality production I’d love to analyze. But one person I do drop a lot of is Stimming, and I find his productions sheer quality. Groovy, deep, melodic, proper story-telling tunes! This one stands out for me at the moment… Stimming - After Eight. I love the bassline interacts with the perc, absolutely groovin! Simple use of samples… Simple, yet I don’t think I can ever begin to understand how he’s done this! :stuck_out_tongue:

[hr]

<object width=“480” height=“385”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/54kN8l97J9c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1”></param><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”></param><param name=“allowscriptaccess” value=“always”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/54kN8l97J9c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“480” height=“385”></embed></object>

That’s all for my ‘modern’ tracks I think should be good to look at! Will peek through some of my older stuff and post it up later I think. :stuck_out_tongue:

-A

p.s: I don’t know if those embeds will work… There’s no HTML button/option in my SA reply?

Thanks for your support Adam

If you click [ hr ] on the left handside of your post - then past the embbed code you should be able to post the links - though ICN does it another way but he’s a wierdo :stuck_out_tongue:

Write your Text.

Go in to the little tab where it says HTML at the bottom of the txt screen. Its above post reply & Spell Check.

Hit it.

You then see this:

<P>Write your Text.
<P>Go in to the little tab where it says HTML at the bottom of the txt screen. Its above post reply &amp; Spell Check.
<P>Hit it.
<P>You then see this:</P>X

The Red X is exactly where you should put your cusor.

Paste the Embed code right there.

Hit Design (beside HTML) & you’ll be back in your Message & should see the Vid.

Thats the only way I can do it anyway. Dont have the HTML option in Safari at all. Only get the HTML button on the Dell Laptop & IE. :cool:

That was fast Adam ;) - Thanks for your support Mate! :smiley:

Gonna take a look though those codes.

Btw…You were probably in that thread on the other w.site about Stimming. He’s growing on me! :cool:

& of course…

Dustin Zahn - Stranger to Stability. Len Faki RMX - 2009

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=- YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

LOL ICN you beat me too that one

i know this is a bit off track but i really want to know how this pattern was made

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Second Phase - Mentasm - R&S Records Classic - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>