Mono

Sup’ just looking to pick some brains and get some other insights on the mysterious world of mono :Pbr
br
I recently decided to purchase a popular rompler synth and immediately got some great results only to later discover to my horror that :open_mouth: my epic lead’s pretty much disappear when played through mono,which thus initialised my realisation of this extra dimension when mixingbr
br
so I notice a lot of reverbs pretty much disappear while in mono, does this mean I should add a separate mono reverb aux also or do you think its better practice to use a Mid/Side EQ and leave all reverb information to the sides?br
br
I also take it I need to be aware of multiple lead sounds phase cancelling each other?br
br
Cheers for the informations, and please feel free to point me to further research materials :smiley:

you will never get a perfect mono signal its about getting it to work as best as possible with out effecting your stereo mix too much.br
br
any time you try to make something really wide you run the risk of poor mono compatibility.br
br
try using abletons utility to control the stereo field and solve some phasing problems.br

cool man I mainly use Reaper any VST or AU’s you can prescribe that do a similar job?br
br
I’m finding it quite interesting checking out mixes from the mau5,assorted pop, and trance mixes and comparing the strength of the sounds once mono’d

[url=http://www.fluxhome.com/products/freewares/stereotool]http://www.fluxhome.com/products/freewares/stereotool[/url]

Yea mono mixing is anoying. Wee thing I do that’s helpful for me is put a utility on the master bus, width set to 0 so it’s totally mono’d. br
Set the key track of the on/off switch to 1 of ur keys on the “querty keyboard” so wen ur at the mixdown stage it’s just a quick 1 button off/on to see where ur at.br
br
If things start to lose to much information wen mono’d start reducing their width. Either at the synth itself or stick another utility on that track and reduce to the point that’s not over kill! br