More Cubase Tutorials!

well i have been Producing since 5 years ago and i wanted to enroll in a class to sharpen my Production skills in Dance Music . i tried Point blank school and they stated that they dont work with cubase . Only with ableton and Logic. now i told them that i could use the same techniques with cubase but they stated that i need to buy Logic and enroll to the basic course to learn how to use Logic. I tought that was BS  and they only wanted to take my  money . some friends told me that SA teach classes with cubase and i ASAP enrolled to this awesome site.

i found invaluable info in the videos and also i was able to progress more in sequencing music .

I would only like to sugges to make more Tutorials in Cubase since the rest of the sites focus only on Logic and Ableton

well that is only a suggestion

Cheers 

alinenunez,

Can I ask is there anything in Cubase that you need desperately in order to continue producing?

I only ask because I’ve been around the block as far as host software goes and there’s nothing I see or can hear that would make me want to move away from Ableton Live.

You’ve mentioned about the point blank course which doesn’t come cheap so I am thinking your situation doesn’t seem so much motivated by lack of finance per se. Forgive me if I am wrong about that.

Have you tried Ableton Live?

At the end of the day I know host software is a personal choice but I honestly don’t think you would be disappointed if you jumped on board with Live.

And have you asked yourself why so many people and music production sites seem to concentrate on Ableton Live these days?

Good luck dude.:cool:

[quote]krome (1/15/2010)[hr]alinenunez,

Can I ask is there anything in Cubase that you need desperately in order to continue producing?

I only ask because I’ve been around the block as far as host software goes and there’s nothing I see or can hear that would make me want to move away from Ableton Live.

You’ve mentioned about the point blank course which doesn’t come cheap so I am thinking your situation doesn’t seem so much motivated by lack of finance per se. Forgive me if I am wrong about that.

Have you tried Ableton Live?

At the end of the day I know host software is a personal choice but I honestly don’t think you would be disappointed if you jumped on board with Live.

And have you asked yourself why so many people and music production sites seem to concentrate on Ableton Live these days?

Good luck dude.:cool:[/quote]

lol i used ableton but i have been using cubase for a longer time and i am used to do everything in cubase . now Ableton is perfect for my live sets since is a cool sequencer. I think that Ableton would be better for me but I stick to something that i already know rather than just learning the same thing again over and over.

I know some people that made hit tracks in Soundforge only.

so i think is not about the sequencer or DAW is all about the skills and creativity

now one of the reason that i wanted more tutorials using cubase is because the majority of sites uses only Logic and Ableton . and there is many people that is looking for a site that have tutorials of cubase .

now this is a good chance for SA to be different and unique to other online schools.

Yeah understood although from a purely selfish point of view I am not in the habit of promoting other Hosts especially Cubase which seems so combersome.

Feels more like a spreadsheet than a sequencer to me. :smiley:

As you say though its not the host but the user behind it that counts.

I have cubase5 and I wanted more cubase tutorials, but now since I’ve been using ableton live I don’t think I can go back! I remember when everyone used cubase but now it’s ableton as it’s so easy to use. People say that you can transfer skills from one daw to another but you need to know your way around daws before you can do that. Everything said more cubase tuts should be covered.

[quote]mussi81 (1/17/2010)[hr]I have cubase5 and I wanted more cubase tutorials, but now since I’ve been using ableton live I don’t think I can go back! I remember when everyone used cubase but now it’s ableton as it’s so easy to use. People say that you can transfer skills from one daw to another but you need to know your way around daws before you can do that. Everything said more cubase tuts should be covered.[/quote]

:Agree !!! :alien:

+1 for cubase. Sonic Academy is the place to come to for anyone who wants to get to grips with the latest music technology.

To use a daw software is like driving a car. Doesnt matter which car do u use you will arrive to point anyway. Its all about comfort. For me cubase is more comfortable. For u logic ableton reason acid etc. Simply we dont wan to use others we want more cubase 5 tutos.

More Cubase turorials here too! :smiley:

what i also discovered is there other website that works focusing only with cubase but i think that SA is  great academy and hopefully they can see my post :slight_smile:

Yes

Please more cubase tutorial.

Trance tutorial please;);):wink:

guys

we have lots more cubase tutorials planned

i’m visiting the steinberg guys in hamburg this week, so hopefully will come back with lots of ideas - but please keep your requests coming too

kev

cool! cant wait :slight_smile:

That’s a +1 here too!

Can’t wait. :slight_smile: