More Features Please

Maybe its just me, but I was wondering if there were others that were thinking the same thing. Does it seem like the website is getting a tad menotinous? It just seems like unless I am looking at the forums or the videos, I dont do anything else.

I am not sure howie.?

If it meant that additional ‘generalised’ content came at the cost of fewer in depth tutorials then I’d have to say no. Its possible that the guys who run the show are already stretched too thin as it is.

I do know what you mean about how things can get stagnant around here in between major content but SA has and still offers excellent value for money.

Yeah, I truly believe that as well. For instance, Music Radar would do a couple tutorials in print and video. The videos on here are amazing. But they constantly have reviews, articles, the forum, interviews, etc. These are the things that I’m talking about. I go to another forum and there are tons upon tons of sections that would be great to have here as well. Thats all I’m saying.

hey if sonic academy want to send me all the latest gear i’ll happily review it and post up a full review two or three bits of gear or software per week would do :slight_smile:

[quote]jon_fisher (9/28/2009)[hr]hey if sonic academy want to send me all the latest gear i’ll happily review it and post up a full review two or three bits of gear or software per week would do :)[/quote]

Ditto!!! :smiley:

[quote]jon_fisher (9/28/2009)[hr]hey if sonic academy want to send me all the latest gear i’ll happily review it and post up a full review two or three bits of gear or software per week would do :)[/quote]

HEY!!! QUIT HIJACKING MY POST!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

" I go to another forum and there are tons upon tons of sections that would be great to have here as well. Thats all I’m saying. "

that’s more or less the answer to your question. plenty of sites already have reviews of kit and interviews but very few have great video tutorials which is what we provide. we had spent time in the past putting together news, reviews and organising interviews but came to the conclusion that time would be better spent creating tutorials.

we do take our members feedback on board and do our best to keep everyone happy so if there is demand for these things we will do our best facilitate

Nik, understand that I think you and the rest of the SA crew are doing a great job. I (of course) do not know what it takes to run the site and I am by no means criticizing the work SA does. I was wondering if it could be sort of a one stop shop. Possibly even links to other sites as SA partners for the news, reviews, etc.

Bottom line though that IMO if you have to take away from the tutorials to do this, then scrap it. Keep the tutorials coming!

thats cool howie, all feedback is good and the only way we can improve the site is through feedback from our users. All suggestions are noted and discussed so please keep them coming and we will keep you updated on any developments

thanks, nik

Let us know how we as members can help.