Mr. Nobody - Adagio For Synths

Really need some advice on this,br
br
I plan on doing allot more work on this, especially on the synth that comes in at around 3:40, but im just seriously burned out from working on it, nothing new i add sounds good anymore.br
br
Need some extra ears on it,br
br
br
Cheers guysbr
br
br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“SoundCloud Widget”/iframe

Reminds me a lot of the second Social Network track:br
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5faT66jmG4br
br
Also kinda reminds me of a track I did a while ago:br
https://soundcloud.com/tankbeats/collapsebr
br
I enjoyed it, the bass is nice, has this wideness but needs more bass in the centre. Kick is coming through, but im listening to it on quite so might be that.br
I think youve based it a lot on the Adagio for Strings Tiesto version not the original, I would like to hear a bit more of the original. To extend you could just look for an orchestrated version and sample it and transition to it temporarily and then drop into a faster tempo maybe? (Would be a very nice set into track!)

Nice mix!br
br
Kick sounds big and fat. Bass is big and wide as well. But to me, the overall song seems kinda slow. Is that the feel you intended it to have?

Nice. Also one of my favorite trance songs.br
br
Would automate some cutoff action on the bass. To spice things up or bring things down a bit.br
Leave out everything apart from the melody between 3.31-3.41 for a mini-breakbr
br
Besides that, you could leave out the snare/clap in some bars. Also for variation sake.br
It sounds a bit too staccatobr
br
Nice job though!

Thanks guys,br
br
@MistroPain br
br
Yeah the midi is from the Tiesto mix alright,br
I really like the idea of getting some of the william orbit mix in there with a drop down to the original… really really good idea,br
br
@gpham86br
br
Yeah I did want it slower than the older mixes and originally it was a deep house track at 122bpm but the sounds didnt really lend themselves to that genre so i bumped it to 126 and tried to give it a more progressive feel.br
br
@daniaanbr
br
I have allot more automation planned only i’m maxed out on my cpu as it is,br
im gonna have to flatten some of the sounds to free up cpubr
but i deff need to work on coming up with variations in my tracks, i really struggle with that part of the arraignment.br
br
br
I think I mite leave it and come back at it in a month or so, considering the original track itself this should have allot more excitement to it and evoke allot more emotion than it dose but rite now its just not doing it for me.br
br
I think im trying to hard.br
br

Aha, that always happens to me, I normally move onto something else. I think this one is going to be a track that will be really hard to make yourself happy with as if your a fan of the original its so difficult to come out with anything that evokes what you hear when you listen to it. br
For me I’m sorry but I really struggled to get into it, as a tune its good but as I love the original (well tiesto version) so much its hard for me to hear it as a fresh song if that makes sense?br
It just doesnt sound right to me at this bpm :Pbr
(ps please dont think I’m being negative on your work, I’m just saying as a fan of the original. Its like I would never like to hear a Strobe remix either :P)

You should stop with stopping and start with finishing. br
br
Starting up another project is the easy way out. Sure you can leave it resting for a day or so, but you should keep the focus and fnish the job. That’s what eventually will make you better.br
br
It gets easier finishing tracks when you finish more tracks :Dbr
br
And this one deserves to be finished!

Agreed!/PPIn order to get better as quick as possible, you need to focus on doing the things that you haven’t done better, or doing the things that you find the hardest!/PPFinishing tracks invariably falls into this category. It can be frustrating, boring, tedious, confusing, unexciting, challenging and even scary trying to finish tracks - but this is where you learn the most./PPSet yourself a goal to finish this by a certain date - trust me you will learn more this way than just starting another track.

Well first off it sounds awesome man :)br
br
Love the attitude you bring.br
br
I guess for ideas?br
maybe if you put more variations on the drums like fills en stuff will carrie it a bit br
br
also i don’t hear a dedicated pad sound. that would probably help the tune fill out nicely.br
br
Not necessarily a pad synth but some back round ambient sound. I would consider having that type of sound come in at bar 32.

Cheers guys.br
br
I’ve been so busy with work the past few days so I haven’t got a chance to look at it again but after reading all your comments I’m def 110% inspired to get cracking on it again. Ill report back in a few days.br
br
Thanks again guys.