Mr. Nobody - UpBeat

Just done a 9 hour marathon on live 9 which I only purchased yesterday and came up with this as I was feeling my way round the new software…br
br
Anyway as always please be as critical as you can. Would really appreciate ideas on how to mix the sounds better.br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“SoundCloud Widget”/iframe

I like it, has some good synths and a catchy tune, but does need EQing and brightening up a bit.br
br
If it was me I would: br
br
*Give the kick a bit more punch (gain eq arount 70-100hz, drop slightly 1-200hz and gain around 8-10K to give it a click)br
*EQ/High bass all apart from the bass and kick, then brighten up the highs, remember treble is actually more pleasing to the ear than bass!br
*Add some fx, helps to keep it interesting (the odd whiz here and there)br
*change the drum rhythm about throughout the song. br
br
br
As I said these are all things I would do, but the core elements are there :Dbr
br
Stu

Cheers stu,br
br
br
Yeah my eq’ing skills are not what they should be…br
If you hear the drop after the first breakdown its very very muddy, really struggling to clean it up. br
br
Deff agree with more variation on he drums.br
br
You say “brighten up the highs” how do i go about that??

You can either EQ at around 10k, will bring them out a bit and use a stereo exciter on the higher frequencies

ohh yeah, there is a video about an exciter around here somewhere.br
br
Cheers for the advice dude.

I took you advice and this is what it sounds like now…br
Much cleaner.br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“SoundCloud Widget”/iframebr
br
br
Cheers man

Sounds much better mate, well done :slight_smile:

Yeah, cheers man,br
br
br
Sometimes a fresh set of ears on your track saves you days of trail and error.

I’m really digging the chords and layered melodies! Great job! I was listening to this after working on one of my songs all night and feeling exhausted and this tune definitely put a smile on my face :slight_smile: Good music, invokes emotion :wink:

Yep I agree on that, when the chords come together at the first drop its great! And what I do is listen to my mixes through cheap in ear headphones, always makes them sound naff, decent headphones and monitors can be very deceiving…