Multi Track Drums Question!

Heelp! :slight_smile:

I recently bought  the Disco Drops Multitrack Drum Package and are a bit confused

and just want to learn what and why!

can someone please explain to me what ROOM1 and ROOM2 are and EMT PLATE REVERB L and R and OVERHEAD ? (are they like for pro studios?), Where are its uses and should i use those files in Ableton for building a drum rack ? (some of the files are obvious, just posted all of them)

BLOCK.aif

EMT PLATE REVERB.L.aif

EMT PLATE REVERB.R.aif

HAT.aif

KICK.aif

OVERHEAD.L.aif

OVERHEAD.R.aif

ROOM 1.aif

ROOM 2.aif

SHAKER.aif

SNARE.aif

well, what sound comes out when you play it?

They are kina similar, but from different angels…, just a bit confused… :slight_smile:

[quote]mastahk (09/09/2010)[hr]They are kina similar, but from different angels…, just a bit confused… :)[/quote]

but whats the sound dude? similar to what? kick? snare? hat? tom???

need some help here

Kick, snare, hat…

probably different versions of the same sound with different reverbs on them.

So its more like some people want to use the Left and right overhead and others will not bother using them ?, they have just included them so none wil be disapointed ?

Where does one use the for eks EMT PLATE REVERB.L.aif and R ?

thanks anyways,for enlighteb me :slight_smile:

[quote]mastahk (09/09/2010)[hr]Heelp! :slight_smile:

I recently bought the Disco Drops Multitrack DrumPackage and are a bit confused

and just want to learn what and why!

can someone please explain to me what ROOM1 and ROOM2 are and EMT PLATE REVERB L and R and OVERHEAD ? (are they like for pro studios?), Where are its uses and should i use those files in Ableton for building a drumrack ? (some of the files are obvious, just posted all of them)

BLOCK.aif

EMT PLATE REVERB.L.aif

EMT PLATE REVERB.R.aif

HAT.aif

KICK.aif

OVERHEAD.L.aif

OVERHEAD.R.aif

ROOM 1.aif

ROOM 2.aif

SHAKER.aif

SNARE.aif[/quote]

The names refer to different mics used during recording, like here:

So what you have, are mono recordings of different mics. If you for example use Overhead L (those two mics at the very top of the image) and Overhead R panned hard L and R respectively than you would get a stereo effect.

Reverb L, R reefers to L&R overheads processed thru reverb (I think) hard pan them and add to a mix for some…reverb :stuck_out_tongue:

Room 1 and Room 2, I presume is a natural ‘reverb’ of the room recorded

With samples like this the emphasis is to make it sound…recorded, what you would do is put all samples in a session and mix them to taste.

Read up about mic-ing and mixing drum kit for more info

Err mate I answered his question and then some so how am I being a **** or having a rant. But the sooner u can get someone to discover the search function the less pointless spam you have asking the same questions over and over and over and over and you get the idea?

for such a beginner question i dont understand why it took till page 2 for someone to actually answer this person correctly.quite a bit of posturing takes place here.

Read page 1 again might I feel I gave my best advice in my first reply to this topic. Give a man a fish he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime! Also I hope I’m not wrong in guessing that most people who even just started with producing or even people who can sign up and make an account have enough intelligence to also use a search function not just here but accross the whole Internet. I’m guessing most people do but some I guess are just lazy. Which brings me to my next question, why would anyone want to or try to defend this ?