Music in Games

Whats youre views on this? do you think they put as much effort in the music as they do the graphic side etc?:slight_smile: we have HD/3D tv’s now but we also have sound systems to match in audio quality.

Do you remeber Wipeout on the PS one that had a Good sound track to it,i think it got a release on CD i cant remeber?

To be honest I haven’t played any computer games for years so wouldnt know how much they put into it but I can see the budget being a fair bit!

I have just started doing a music technology course in college, this year is about sound design and live music but next year this going to be about making music and sound effects for computer games what I am looking forward to doing.

[quote]lee.s.i (11/09/2010)[hr]Whats youre views on this? do you think they put as much effort in the music as they do the graphic side etc?:slight_smile: we have HD/3D tv’s now but we also have sound systems to match in audio quality.

Do you remeber Wipeout on the PS one that had a Good sound track to it,i think it got a release on CD i cant remeber?[/quote]

Plus the game was fab, once you went through the steep learning curve :wink:

Sounds awesome that dude:cool:,im actually studying Game Dev in Uni but im still into Music as i use to DJ and wanted to get into producing side as pure interest etc, i just wonder sometimes dose it get over looked,theres a few games out there i.e Final Fantasy where they have a well know Japanies Composer and orchestra but i never seem’s to be a thing to review

[quote]slender (11/09/2010)[hr][quote]lee.s.i (11/09/2010)[hr]Whats youre views on this? do you think they put as much effort in the music as they do the graphic side etc?:slight_smile: we have HD/3D tv’s now but we also have sound systems to match in audio quality.

Do you remeber Wipeout on the PS one that had a Good sound track to it,i think it got a release on CD i cant remeber?[/quote]

Plus the game was fab, once you went through the steep learning curve ;)[/quote]

Yeah thats true:laugh:,still going in HD i belive is the latest to Date