Music Theory

Just wondering when the new music theory videos will be up :smiley:

I’m working on one right now for SA. It will help you with your music making and keeping things in key.

[quote]howiegroove (18/05/2010)[hr]I’m working on one right now for SA. It will help you with your music making and keeping things in key.[/quote]

Woah Howie making a tut for SA ****en awesome congrats :smiley: cant wait this noobie needs it :smiley:

[quote]howiegroove (18/05/2010)[hr]I’m working on one right now for SA. It will help you with your music making and keeping things in key.[/quote]

cant wait for it MR howieGroove , glad you making Videos :slight_smile:

Thats awesome!

Looking forward to this :slight_smile:

guys… theres no need to wait… really… just google it… theres tonnes of info about music theory online. yes theres a huge amount to learn but is fascinating. like learning magic. well thats how i feel about learning theory, like someones giving you the secrets of how to change someones mood, and make their body move.

just read, its great. no need for videos…
(although im sure howie will make a great video etc etc ;)  )

youtube circle of fifths! i would add a link but i dont know which one as there are so many

[quote]jpgetty2win (19/05/2010)[hr]guys… theres no need to wait… really… just google it… theres tonnes of info about music theory online. yes theres a huge amount to learn but is fascinating. like learning magic. well thats how i feel about learning theory, like someones giving you the secrets of how to change someones mood, and make their body move.

(although im sure howie will make a great video etc etc ;)  )[/quote]

Everyone learns differently. Some like to see it in front of them and others can read and figure it out themselves. For me, I like a little of both. Keeps me from getting bored. :hehe:

[quote]FallenOATH (19/05/2010)[hr][quote]jpgetty2win (19/05/2010)[hr]guys… theres no need to wait… really… just google it… theres tonnes of info about music theory online. yes theres a huge amount to learn but is fascinating. like learning magic. well thats how i feel about learning theory, like someones giving you the secrets of how to change someones mood, and make their body move.

(although im sure howie will make a great video etc etc ;)  )[/quote]

Everyone learns differently. Some like to see it in front of them and others can read and figure it out themselves. For me, I like a little of both. Keeps me from getting bored. :hehe:[/quote]i can understand that but dont think youre going to get much (in quantity terms) from a video. itd take hours and hours of videos to explain what a small section in a book could. youll have howie going mental trying to feed all your music theory needs lol

The tutorial I made is more along the lines of workflow with harmonic scales. Workflow being the active word.

Looking forward to it Howie. Thanks!

Chord progressions are the one area where a video would be very helpful for me. I’ve spent months reading stuff on the internet and I’m still confused!

[quote]Rob_E (22/05/2010)[hr]Chord progressions are the one area where a video would be very helpful for me. I’ve spent months reading stuff on the internet and I’m still confused![/quote]

I have exactly the same problem as you. I can do everything else pretty well but I cannot in any way create a good chord progression.

[quote]Rob_E (22/05/2010)[hr]Chord progressions are the one area where a video would be very helpful for me. I’ve spent months reading stuff on the internet and I’m still confused![/quote]

I made a tutorial for SA that will be SOOOOOOOO helpful to you. When SA approves it, you will see what I am talking about.

[quote]howiegroove (24/05/2010)[hr][quote]Rob_E (22/05/2010)[hr]Chord progressions are the one area where a video would be very helpful for me. I’ve spent months reading stuff on the internet and I’m still confused![/quote]

I made a tutorial for SA that will be SOOOOOOOO helpful to you. When SA approves it, you will see what I am talking about.[/quote]

Well they sure as hell better approve it! lol. Honestly, creating a chord progression is really the one thing that is holding me back. I have been learning computer music for the past 3 years and thats my main problem. It sucks too because in my head I can create these progressions that make my heart sing but I just cant get them on paper haha. Anyways looking forward to the video.