Must see videos for a newby?

I just finished watching the Basics on Logic Pro, learned heaps from it and now i’m just trying to decide which tutorial to do next so I thought I would ask everyone what vids they learnt a lot from that they would consider “must see” for starting out!

Thanks!

Understanding Reverb and Compression are defo and interesting watch.

Alright, I’ll give them a watch.

Thanks phil.

[quote]H0BB5Y (05/04/2011)[hr]I just finished watching the Basics on Logic Pro, learned heaps from it and now i’m just trying to decide which tutorial to do next so I thought I would ask everyone what vids they learnt a lot from that they would consider “must see” for starting out!

Thanks!

[/quote]

That’s easy!!

Peak Time Trance that Phil just finished is a must see!! WOW!! :w00t:

I really like the Peaktime Trance too, but they are done in Ableton Live not Logic 9–do you have Live?

[quote]lattetown (05/04/2011)[hr]I really like the Peaktime Trance too, but they are done in Ableton Live not Logic 9–do you have Live?[/quote]

Nahh, I use logice. If it’s done in live then I suppose the videos won’t be helpful if i’m using Logic, correct?

[quote]H0BB5Y (05/04/2011)[hr][quote]lattetown (05/04/2011)[hr]I really like the Peaktime Trance too, but they are done in Ableton Live not Logic 9–do you have Live?[/quote]

Nahh, I use logice. If it’s done in live then I suppose the videos won’t be helpful if i’m using Logic, correct?[/quote]

Actually watching vids done in ableton and trying to re-create in Logic will help you learn a lot more than simply copying what is being done. But if you are just starting out then it is probably a good idea to stcik to Logic tutorials for now.

The progrssive house tut is really excellent.

[quote]TheAnt (05/04/2011)[hr]

Actually watching vids done in ableton and trying to re-create in Logic will help you learn a lot more than simply copying what is being done. But if you are just starting out then it is probably a good idea to stcik to Logic tutorials for now.

The progrssive house tut is really excellent.[/quote]

I disagree…Logic and Live are completely different UI’s…unless you already know Logic really well (which I’m guessing you don’t since you want to watch videos about it) then I’d do a search for “Logic” on the “Training Video” page.

IMHO, Logic is very complicated and I finally gave up on it–not wanting to be a Professional Sound Engineer. What do you like about it?

i have both logic and live and you can def. figure out what you need to even if its an ableton vid and you use logic. just go slow and take good notes. I keep hearing the peak time trance tutorial is awesome, gonna check it out once im done with the glitch step house tutorial.

[quote]intendedforzombies (06/04/2011)[hr]i have both logic and live and you can def. figure out what you need to even if its an ableton vid and you use logic. just go slow and take good notes. I keep hearing the peak time trance tutorial is awesome, gonna check it out once im done with the glitch step house tutorial.[/quote]

Which of the two DAWs do you prefer most?

I’m digging logic quite a bit, it’s a lot to grasp but very flexible so far.

I do wish there were more tutorials logic based, will I be able to learn from the other tutorials that aren’t strictly logic??

Or are the only tutorials that will benefit me the ones made for Logic?

[quote]H0BB5Y (06/04/2011)[hr][quote]intendedforzombies (06/04/2011)[hr]i have both logic and live and you can def. figure out what you need to even if its an ableton vid and you use logic. just go slow and take good notes. I keep hearing the peak time trance tutorial is awesome, gonna check it out once im done with the glitch step house tutorial.[/quote]

I do wish there were more tutorials logic based, will I be able to learn from the other tutorials that aren’t strictly logic??
[/quote]

Well, i’ve only been using live for a few weeks now but it’s alot easier to navigate and create on imo. the es2 in logic is awesome you should def. take some time out to learn it, any vid on here where they use massive or sylenth or alchemy to create sounds with, you can use the es2 to make the same sound. You will def be able to learn logic using ableton vids. in every tutorial there is something to learn whether you use the same daw or not. 

[quote]intendedforzombies (07/04/2011)[hr][quote]H0BB5Y (06/04/2011)[hr][quote]intendedforzombies (06/04/2011)[hr]i have both logic and live and you can def. figure out what you need to even if its an ableton vid and you use logic. just go slow and take good notes. I keep hearing the peak time trance tutorial is awesome, gonna check it out once im done with the glitch step house tutorial.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, i’ve only been using live for a few weeks now but it’s alot easier to navigate and create on imo. the es2 in logic is awesome you should def. take some time out to learn it, any vid on here where they use massive or sylenth or alchemy to create sounds with, you can use the es2 to make the same sound. You will def be able to learn logic using ableton vids. in every tutorial there is something to learn whether you use the same daw or not.[/quote]

Alright, thanks a lot man!

Yeah, ES2 is pretty slick.

I have slylenth and massive as well, so I was thinking of checking out some of the vids that focus on Slylenth as it seems to be a pretty sweet VST.

But that’s good to know that i’m capable of learning more than just the 8 or 9 Logic tuts available!