My first track after some SA training (prog. house-ish)

I’ve written music for quite some time in various styles but I never really took the time to learn production up until last year. Up until that point I just threw tracks on top of each other and everything was a huge mess, but now I am really making an effort to improve. br
br
Anyway, I found Sonic Academy and tinkered a bit but nothing came out of it. I made a new attempt over the last couple of months and I am finally moving somewhat forward.br
br
I decided not to release this track, since I do not think it is quite there, but it would still be interesting for SOMEONE else to hear it than myself, so I put the private link up here. I made this after watching the 7S tutorial, maybe you can hear that on the style of the music and production :).br
br
So this is my first EDM-ish track, hope to continue learning to produce over the next couple of months to improve even more.br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/217227542%3Fsecret_token%3Ds-Frpllamp;color=ff5500amp;auto_play=falseamp;hide_related=falseamp;show_comments=trueamp;show_user=trueamp;show_reposts=false”/iframebr
br
br

Hi mate, just had a listen to your track. It’s really good, sounds clean, has a solid melody and the kicks sounding punchy.br
br
It’s not my usual sort of music but overall its sounding really polished, it’s got some good transitions and variation in there. br
br
All it needs is a vocal or something to help it stand out and you’ve got yourself a decent tune there! :wink:

Being the newbie hobbyist, feel free to take my comments with a grain of salt.br
br
+1 to en1gma’s comments! I enjoyed listening to this (multiple times)br
br
-The electric piano-ish voice at 0:32 sound a touch overdriven/distorted. My personal taste would prefer it a tad cleaner… FWIWbr
-Agree with en1gma on vocals, especially at at 2:30 amd 3:40 where the instrumental part just cries out to be a vocal ;)br
-The intro is smooth and builds in a nice silky way that really draws me into the rest of the song. given that, the transition to outro at 4:52 hit me as abrupt… maybe something to slide into it more gently?br
br
When you do decide to release the track, give me a shout, I’ll definitely throw some love at it.br
Cheers!

This sounds really good dude. I really love the writing style and all the variation it has within it. It sounds really good on my speakers, nice, clean, and the elements seem to mesh pretty well. I especially enjoyed the break at 3:00 with the synth chords. I really enjoyed listening to this. thank you for sharing!

Thank you for listening guys.br
br
I was kind of undecided about vocals, but I will think about that for my next track. I really want to improve the mix down as well, I think this track might be a bit too cluttered.br
br
Thank you again for listening and I am glad that you liked it! :w00t: