My latest track - feel free to leave comments and thoughts

My latest track - feel free to leave comments and thoughts.br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/129046419amp;color=ff6600amp;auto_play=falseamp;show_artwork=true”/iframebr
br
Thanks, David.

Hey David,br
br
I like everything about this except for the bass. Both tonally and rhythmically it’s not working for me. Long sustained notes is probably the way to go but it just doesn’t feel right currently for me.

[quote]jonsloan (13/01/2014)[hr]Hey David,br
br
I like everything about this except for the bass. Both tonally and rhythmically it’s not working for me. Long sustained notes is probably the way to go but it just doesn’t feel right currently for me.[/quote]br
br
Okay thanks Jon - that’s interesting.br
br
I was happy with this bass, it’s just a very simple kind of constant subby filtered sawtooth patch. Nothing too prominent!br
br
Anyone else think the bass is not right for the track?

Maybe it’s just me ;)br
br
Some things I’d try…br
br
Is it two notes hitting between each kick? Or one? If it’s two, try just one but lengthen the note out. Heavy sidechain it of course to catch any tails.br
br
Or if it’s one note hitting between right now, then shorten the note slightly to get more pump and breathing room.br
br
Push the bass slightly back in the mix too. It’s dominating everything at the moment.br
br
Cheersbr
Jon

Yeah I agree, too much bass in the mix. It sounds very muddled because of this. I personally think it needs to be gelled with the track better and also have a bit more pump with the kick.br
br

Sounds cool. But for me the mix needs some work. I can hear a lot of cluttered frequencies in the lower mids which overall make the track sound dull.br
Also tonally the bass sounds a little off, I’m not sure if there are some unwanted harmonics in there or not a little hard to tell. br
br
But otherwise good work.

Thanks Michael.