My rant about the Djs

the Hype nowadays is being a Dj.

every ***ing body, wants to be a Dj. i was browsing this Djs Facebook. and she had like 10,0000 Fans. so i thought that this DJ had produced some bad *** tracks or maybe have some amazing Dj Skills.

well the only thing she had amazing was her big Tits. her Music Sucked , she never Produced Music.

bleehh:unsure:

I agree djs are way overrated. Look what I can do… press play on traktor and make things seem amazing! Vinyls are the only way to show if you’re a good dj or not IMO, if that’s all you’re doing.

[quote]saulable (09/08/2011)[hr]I agree djs are way overrated. Look what I can do… press play on traktor and make things seem amazing! Vinyls are the only way to show if you’re a good dj or not IMO, if that’s all you’re doing.[/quote]

I been Djing with Vinyl for a long time . as soon the digital Djing came i needed to get used to them . but at the same time that technology just made easier to Dj for anyone.

i dont think that being a good Dj requires Vinyl.

its all about the Music selection.

but yeahh i agree with you Djs are overrated .

Yeah but vinyl requires skill. What skill does it take to use traktor?

It’ll take endless hours to perfect a good mix on vinyl wheras on traktor only a couple of days.

Have to agree though… it’s better with good tunes and a crap mix than a good mix with crap tunes.

[quote]saulable (09/08/2011)[hr]Yeah but vinyl requires skill. What skill does it take to use traktor?

It’ll take endless hours to perfect a good mix on vinyl wheras on traktor only a couple of days.

Have to agree though… it’s better with good tunes and a crap mix than a good mix with crap tunes.[/quote]

I agree!! Traktor makes it easier to mix for many people. but in the other hand it open new possibilities to Mix . Traktor 2 features a 4 deck mixing . where u can buy Loop samples and do Live Mash ups.

time changed. IMO we need to keep updated of the new stuff. i rarely see Djs with vinyl nowadays . probably because they started to use Serato or Traktor :stuck_out_tongue:

Nahhh… Ricardo Villalobos voted #1 on RA only uses vinyls when mixing.

If you wanna be a proper dj, you gotta learn how to spin mate.

Honestly, I have way more respect for someone who spins vinyls than uses traktor.

I’m probably not the only person who thinks like this either.

I’m sorry, but any dj up there with a laptop immediately loses my respect, unless they are eddie halliwell or som’n. The way to do it is cdj 2000’s and a usb stick…and ur ears lol

[quote]P-Shot (09/08/2011)[hr]I’m sorry, but any dj up there with a laptop immediately loses my respect, unless they are eddie halliwell or som’n. The way to do it is cdj 2000’s and a usb stick…and ur ears lol[/quote]

Exactly mate.

Also, producing is the only sure way to get anywhere in this industry. If you can’t produce, you better be content opening up for someone who can produce

I used to Dj with vinyl and CD Djs for more than 10 years. IMO Beat matching became obsolete and that is one of the reason that i went digital first with Ableton and now with Traktor .

there will be many people who feels the same.

If you’re using a laptop to run something like Ableton whilst you’re doing LIVE performance, ie: using live synths, sampling, etc then that’s fair game as it’s not really ‘DJing’, but using something like traktor and just dragging and dropping files, letting the computer do the work then acting as if you’re the big man is a joke to be honest.

Btw, which female dj were you talking about? Unfortunately it’s like this with a lot of female DJs, they can do well in the industry just for being attractive, it’s annoying for the rest of us but not really much we can do about it, so fair play.

U are right. Autobeatmatch is gay for the noobs.I usually do a mash ups with 4decks. I been getting those loopmasters dj samples. They are awesome.

About female Djs. U should try some boob implants . I am sure you will make it in the Industry easy tooto heheh.

lol alien. i feel your pain. i’ve been watching the “hype” for years now. its such a joke.

on another note…

the purists… that say DJs use CDJs and a mixer… are all full of it. they are holding onto the past and using the “skill” of beatmatching as their main argument. most of the time, these are the same people that swore they would never go to CDs from vinyl.

its funny because I hear DJs that use CDjs, complain about ableton or traktor… but most of them couldnt produce a track if their life depended on it. and thats where the men get seperated from the boys. like the other poster said… its all about productions. if you don’t write music. prepare to be a Backup riding the bench and keeping it warm for the starters (forgive my football pun).

personally… I’ll admint, I can’t DJ with cdjs or vinyl. probably cause i never tried and honestly I could care less. I’m not going to spend a crap load of money on cdjs + a mixer. mixing 2 tracks together is so easy its almost boring. i enjoy the seamless integration ableton provides between production and performance… and last but not least… when I DJ in ableton with my brother… we are doing things that no DJ could possibly do with just CDJs and a mixer. the only reason this is possible is from the knowledge we gained through writing our own tracks.

[quote]UnitedVision (11/08/2011)[hr]lol alien. i feel your pain. i’ve been watching the “hype” for years now. its such a joke.

on another note…

the purists… that say DJs use CDJs and a mixer… are all full of it. they are holding onto the past and using the “skill” of beatmatching as their main argument. most of the time, these are the same people that swore they would never go to CDs from vinyl.

[/quote]

Yessssss!!! :smiley:

[quote]alinenunez (11/08/2011)[hr][quote]UnitedVision (11/08/2011)[hr]lol alien. i feel your pain. i’ve been watching the “hype” for years now. its such a joke.

on another note…

[/quote]

Yessssss!!! :D[/quote]

Your all wrong my mixes are faaaat with this baby

What really annoys me is seeing DJ’s get to play on big nights and then releasing they dont even know what a compressor is or just have never produced a track, but they just happen to know the promoter/be a hot girl/have a dad that used to be a big time producer of a famous artist/band…

[quote]jjdejong0 (11/08/2011)[hr]What really annoys me is seeing DJ’s get to play on big nights and then releasing they dont even know what a compressor is or just have never produced a track, but they just happen to know the promoter/be a hot girl/have a dad that used to be a big time producer of a famous artist/band…[/quote]

yes that is my ***ing point Jan. :smiley:

It’s a fact of life though…