Need help identifying the different sub genres of house

Hi guys can anyone please tell me the difference between genres such as Tech house, Deep House, Electro house and Progressive house?

I’m just curious about the different production techniques or sounds used such as how would a Tech house bassline sound different from a Progressive house one.

Also which genre uses more sub bass? Thank you :slight_smile:

Without fear of being slated by everyone reading this. I would say:

Tech House is A straight groove that is rolling, with short melodies and makes use of modern sounds that are not replications of real life instruments.

Deep house swings and is normally a bit lazy with a lower tempo and a melodic feel. Not too much information in the mid range area. Warm bass sounds that are not prominent

Electro house makes use of hard wave sounds, mostly square and triangle and contains a lot of information in the mid range and can have a prominent saturated, overdriven style bass sound. Makes full use of the terms tension and release. Most lead sounds are heavily compressed.

Progressive is a track that builds over time, not really into a crescendo but to form part of a longer journey. It does not contain in your face sounds or massive amounts of reverb to create euphoric moments.

[quote]Stuart Braybrooke (12/10/2010)[hr]Without fear of being slated by everyone reading this. I would say:

Tech House is A straight groove that is rolling, with short melodies and makes use of modern sounds that are not replications of real life instruments.

Deep house swings and is normally a bit lazy with a lower tempo and a melodic feel. Not too much information in the mid range area. Warm bass sounds that are not prominent

Electro house makes use of hard wave sounds, mostly square and triangle and contains a lot of information in the mid range and can have a prominent saturated, overdriven style bass sound. Makes full use of the terms tension and release. Most lead sounds are heavily compressed.

Progressive is a track that builds over time, not really into a crescendo but to form part of a longer journey. It does not contain in your face sounds or massive amounts of reverb to create euphoric moments.[/quote]

that’s as good a description as any. to the extremes these genres of house are very different but usually with many genres and sub genres most house music will be a marriage of all.