Need sample pack suggestions

I’m in the market for an FX sample CD and an Electro House sample CD, any suggestions?

Vengeance not included. Got those already. Any suggested website/brand? Looking mainly for sweeps and tripped out Electro sounds/one shots.

i haven’t got them myself but a friend recommended anything by ‘‘loopmasters’’

Most vendors offer free previews for download, there are also dedicated blogs with reviews as well, just google it :slight_smile: I’ve bought drum tools 01 recenly, very good if you after some drums

Mutekki Media, Loopmasters, Sample Magic, Push Button Bang

All great stuff.

Yeah, stay away from Vengeance. EVERYONE and their mother has those samples, in part to being so easy to download torrents of them. Also, you’ll find that once you have a Vengeance pack, you’ll notice the samples in it all over the place, especially on Beatport. Ever wonder why some genres tracks sound all the same. :stuck_out_tongue:

Raymond

I would rock out Vengeance, but just for their kick drums and their percussion.

Sean–yea I know how to do research using the net, but I wanted advice/suggestions from people who are actually making tracks…not from people who write reviews/blogs on tools used by people who make tracks.

But Howie brought to my attention Push Button Bang and I really like their Rise SFX sounds, so I’ll probably pick that up, so thanks for that.

Now to find some electro bleeps, blips and bloops.

[quote]stylz (30/03/2010)[hr]Sean–yea I know how to do research using the net, but I wanted advice/suggestions from people who are actually making tracks…not from people who write reviews/blogs on tools used by people who make tracks.

But Howie brought to my attention Push Button Bang and I really like their Rise SFX sounds, so I’ll probably pick that up, so thanks for that.

Now to findsome electro bleeps, blips and bloops.[/quote]

my apologies…

I like Sample Magic - Min and Tech House

Future Music and Computer Music DVDs are filled with good samples.

Sounds to sample has some good stuff also.

Try the open source community

Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

I think Sound Academy has tutorials and sample packs on making hoovers and FX as well.

However, I would recommend try making FXs and sounds yourself.

I personally use a Reaktor and good old microphone…

Hope this helps.

WAVE ALCHEMY - best quality I have heard for some time

Prime Loops are worth checking out too, they cover a broad range of styles and have used one or two in some things I have done.

Loopmasters also, I’m not spamming or anything obviously, but I am giving away some loop packs as part of the launch of my new blog

|

V