New House Track - 1st one I've had mastered

Probably being a bit of an “artist” here, but I’m not really sure I love how it ended up. I worked hard to make the original mix deep and spacious, and it seems like all they did was squash the f— out of everything w/a limiter…but maybe that’s what’s supposed to happen. It is really loud now :doze:

Thoughts?

Sun Crush by Gabriel Kangas

Really nice track, something I’d play in a house set nice work :slight_smile:

Don’t know about it been squashed like you say without hearing the pre mastered version to compare anyway regardless I think it’s a good effort :cool:

Thanks! That makes me feel better. Sometimes it’s hard to hear your productions w/fresh ears.

Really dig your machine track, btw. I think the higher kick works as is. Plenty of sub underneath to hold down the low end.

[quote]gkangas (31/08/2012)[hr]Thanks! That makes me feel better. Sometimes it’s hard to hear your productions w/fresh ears.

Really dig your machine track, btw. I think the higher kick works as is. Plenty of sub underneath to hold down the low end.[/quote]

Cheers mate tried kicks with more oomph and it got muddy even with side chaining etc not had chance to experiment further yet with other kicks listened in car a few times and still sounds good;)

Anyway don’t mean to hijack your thread bro nice work!

where did you get it mastered and how much did it cost?