New how to sound like poll august 2009

[quote]jon_fisher (8/11/2009)[hr]if every poll has house in it, we will never get to learn anything different, this forum is predominantly house Fans so we could do 100 polls and they would always come up with house as the winner.

sorry for my bitch but this is getting stupid :angry:[/quote]

I 100% agree with you bro.

ok guys, the previous poll did not end in tech trance coming 3rd, techno was ahead of that. there was no clear cut winner after minimal house!

hence the call for another poll. we didn’t include a drum and bass tutorial because there is one already in the works. hardcore wasn’t included because when collecting names for this poll it didn’t have enough demand for it.

we included the electro ones because there was quite a high demand for them!

we will obviously reassess this on a day to day basis! and im SURE we will get round ALL genres.

we are trying to do videos on what you as a community want to see on the site and picking one genre is always going to please one individual and displease another.

we are very much aware that our previous few modules have been house based and we are currently looking into many different genres including pop music.

this poll is just a vote on a How to sound like that will be done. that is not to say it will be the ONLY How To Sound Like done!

trying to cater for the masses, without neglecting the smaller markets is a hard balance to achieve! and i hope in the couple months everyone will be happy with what they get!

bry

I understand everyone’s frustration on the house topic, but I love house. Fidget all the way. The other genre’s like trance and tech house are not as cool to me. This does not mean anything because it is just an opinion.

What does suck is no one is voting for switch, hearve, jackbeats, and those guys.

vote for crookers, Please

Bryan as you correctly stated techno did come third last time,so why have we now ended up with no techno option in the new poll and rather tech house and minimal again even though we just had a similar htsl.I know some people on this thread were talking about minimal,but considering how many people voted for techno last time, it seems weird theres no longer an option,or techno has been turned into tech house which isn’t really the same thing.

Just for the record i have no idea why the swear filter has attacked my above message i didn’t swear at all and seems to have added extra letters into my normal words to filter!!

chris,

we tried to keep the vote as fresh as possible.

in the previous post where we collected people for this poll. adam beyer wasn’t asked for by many people.

i did however remember that he was quite popular in the previous poll so i put him into the closest category i could find which was tech house.

the artist from each genre will obviously be decided at a later date!

if you do want to hear one based on adam beyer then put your vote in tech house!

[quote]bryan spence (8/11/2009)[hr]chris,

we tried to keep the vote as fresh as possible.

in the previous post where we collected people for this poll. adam beyer wasn’t asked for by many people.

i did however remember that he was quite popular in the previous poll so i put him into the closest category i could find which was tech house.

the artist from each genre will obviously be decided at a later date!

if you do want to hear one based on adam beyer then put your vote in tech house!

[/quote]

Ok thanks bryan,that makes sense

[quote]samuelalbritton (8/11/2009)[hr]I understand everyone’s frustration on the house topic, but I love house. Fidget all the way. The other genre’s like trance and tech house are not as cool to me. This does not mean anything because it is just an opinion.

What does suck is no one is voting for switch, hearve, jackbeats, and those guys.

vote for crookers, Please

[/quote]

yeah.thought there was allot of intereset.

maybe combine those two?

I think the most important thing for the fidget stuff or anything really,is we get new/different info that dosen’t cross over too much with the last one,so off the top of my head in this genre,something like jack beats would probably allow more scope for a new fidget tut to go in a different direction/expanding on the old one than something like fake blood who i like(perhaps more than jack beats actually)but elements with him are more just straight electro that would get covered with other stuff

What is that jon fisher?

do you know what a poll is? you show with your posts, that you are not

respecting the votes of other people in the poll, i hate that!!!

in a democratic process it it not going like jon fisher wants it.

if this is a “house”-academy then ok you have 2 choices stay or leave,

but do you think it is the perfect way for sa to do what 1 person wants

and disrespect votes from 100 others? what would you say if you are not

the lonely one? nu disco is also something not shown in the past, did you

raise your voice for that? very selfish…

but to make something clear, not to leave a bitter note at the end:

if they show what you want as a bonus together with house and nu disco…

i will not raise my voice.

peace and freedom

indionat

(sorry, could not stay calm after that)

i think a few offers have not enough votes, because you have only 1 vote and

give it to the one you love most. in my opinion we would have a much better/wider

poll result if everybody could make multiple choices, so practically speaking, you can vote only once, but you could activate 1 to maximum all genres to show what you like

so if you activate all you could show (like jon fisher ;-)) you are open to every genre.

if you do it that way at sa, you see which are accepted and not which ones are liked most.:cool:

Tech-House or minimal ftw!

there are 4 topics about how to sound like fake blood. with a lot of supporters.

and now only 2 votes :doze:

to indionat i don’t understand why you picked me out to make your point because i am open to anything winning so long as it is fair. i love all music that falls under the house umbrella, however when the first poll was done i was under the impression that the next poll would not contain anything previously covered.

i really don’t mind what wins and i did not mean in any shape or form to come across like SA should do as i say because i an in no way selfish.

any other genre or sub genre is good with me i just thought that covering the same genre month after month was pointless. obviously people don’t agree with me so to show that i am not selfish i will step back from this and let it work its self out :cool:

- YouTube

SOMETHING LIKE THIS MAYBE!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:w00t::w00t::w00t:

and maybe you could emaphasize more in melody and music making, lets say how to make ambientscapes and string synthesis and arrangement…

please also consider making atutorial in deep house…like at jazz, kevin yost, ben watt, blue six and Francois Kevorkian

- YouTube

- YouTube

Kevin Yost - 7th Heaven - YouTube

- YouTube

hey indionat, why would you bring other people involved in a conversation and make a poke at them? Maybe if you had more than 12 posts and were a regular (which I hope someday you will be) then you can bust some chops. I think if we had more members on this site that were as outspoken as Jon, myself, Roben, Raymond, etc, then maybe there wouldn’t be this issue. We all love this site and support it full heardedly, and if you are a subscriber like us, you will see that all we are looking for is a bit more variation. So if you arent one yet, subscribe and take part in our discussions instead of taking a jab at the veterans of the site.

Jon, don’t step back, your candidness and outspoken personality is great for the site.

Holla!

lol I think all these choices have already been covered in Sonic Academy ( almost all of them ) , why not trying things completely different , what about Drum’n’bass ? psytrance ( such as “infected mushroom” ) , downtempo , chillout ? I don’t mind about the choices we have , I’ll probably be watching the new tutorial coming but it would be great to move from these styles time to time

well these were just suggestions…

Probably a lonely request, but it would be nice to have a tutorial on the brazilian Drum’n’Bossa (e.g. Fernanda Porto).

I think it would cover a lot of new tricks.

[quote]chneb (8/12/2009)[hr]lol I think all these choices have already been covered in Sonic Academy ( almost all of them ) , why not trying things completely different , what about Drum’n’bass ? psytrance ( such as “infected mushroom” ) , downtempo , chillout ? I don’t mind about the choices we have , I’ll probably be watching the new tutorial coming but it would be great to move from these styles time to time

well these were just suggestions…[/quote]

Exactly!

[quote]honeydont (8/12/2009)[hr]Probably alonely request, but it would be nice to have a tutorial on the brazilian Drum’n’Bossa (e.g. Fernanda Porto).

I think it would cover a lot of new tricks.[/quote]

Would be interesting to see a tut on this :slight_smile: