New Segment Idea

Hey SA!!! Got a new idea for you to possibly implement. How about doing a series about the anatomy of specific song… maybe a specific genre. This isn’t about how to create a sound or creating motifs. This is strictly about the parts of a complete song. I’m confident that the members of the SA team have many tracks that have been finished. I would love to see the elements involved in each of those projects. Once again, this would be a “Tech Tip” sort of series.

Quick.

To the point.

Nothing special or in depth.

What does everyone think?

More votes! More votes!

I don’t really understand what you mean here! Can you give an example?

Look at the new Computer Music Magazine. They show all the parts to a house track. It is entitled “The Anatomy of a House Track”.

Basically, they show all the drums, the synths, the bass, and any parts. A quick explanation would be great and if there are layering and what is done.

You mean videos of the creation of tracks of a certain genre? Like Ravey breaks, Tech House and Drum and Bass?

I agree, also I think that they should call it HOW TO SOUND LIKE

I think we’re onto something here :smiley:

You’ve already got my +1

voted yes:D

great idea!!

[quote]bouffont (10/2/2009)[hr]You mean videos of the creation of tracks of a certain genre? Like Ravey breaks, Tech House and Drum and Bass?

I agree, also I think that they should call it HOW TO SOUND LIKE

I think we’re onto something here :D[/quote]

I think you are missing what I am saying. I think there should be quick quick videos, similar to the tech tip videos that have a completed track. The track should be played and then all the different parts of that track would be showed to us individually. Its not that hard to comprehend actually. I dont want to know how the sounds were made. I dont want to know why the sounds were made. I just want to know WHAT sounds were used in the track. For instance. There were 33 channels to a specific track. We know that there was a kick, some hats, some snares/claps, bongos, etc. Well, there were also 3 lead synths playing. I dont care how or why they were made. I would just like to hear a quick snippet of each sound and move on. This is not a HTSL series. You’re missing the point.

One of my concerns in production, is do I have enough sounds in a track. I also worry that the current sounds that I have would be too stagnant. If I knew why there were three of the same synths playing on a specific track, this would clue me in as to how the song progresses.

The only downfall to the above i see Howie is that whilst SA would be pleasing those of us who’d like to see the process as above, there will be others who will then want to know how and why each sound was made within that track. So unless it’s a track that’s already been covered under the HTSL, then the whole process for this would take double the time as not only would SA have to do a HTSL on the tune but also explain the segments of the whole layout and finished -ready for release- production.

And then unless SA have copywrited the track. who would then be able to stop some random SA member just making and realeasing the track for themselves?

[quote]roben (10/2/2009)[hr]And then unless SA have copywrited the track. who would then be able to stop some random SA member just making and realeasing the track for themselves?

[/quote]

People in the industry would know, I’m sure. I highly believe that SA wouldn’t put out a tutorial in fear that someone would steal their idea or whatnot.

Once again though, this isn’t about how to make the sound. Its about the Anatomy of a track.