New synth on the way!

Do you rate the Dark Energy - Howie ?

[quote]howiegroove (23/11/2010)[hr][quote]Mussi81 (23/11/2010)[hr]i been looking at one of these as a way into modular shizzle<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Doepfer / Dark Energy / Demonstration Movie - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>[/quote]

I have one of these and they are amazing.

And on the 303 clone, yes, you need a keyboard or midi to control it. You have to use the gate/cv in to control it. It is, however, an all in one solution to achieve the 303 sound.[/quote]

Man you must be minted all this gear you have, did disco stick go to number 1? :slight_smile:

[quote]slender (23/11/2010)[hr]Do you rate the Dark Energy - Howie ?[/quote]

8.5 out of 10. It works awesomely with my moogerfoogers and it will work great with my modular.

[quote]Mussi81 (23/11/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (23/11/2010)[hr][quote]Mussi81 (23/11/2010)[hr]i been looking at one of these as a way into modular shizzle<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Doepfer / Dark Energy / Demonstration Movie - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>[/quote]

I have one of these and they are amazing.

And on the 303 clone, yes, you need a keyboard or midi to control it. You have to use the gate/cv in to control it. It is, however, an all in one solution to achieve the 303 sound.[/quote]

Man you must be minted all this gear you have, did disco stick go to number 1? :)[/quote]

No, but I’m good at what I do for a living and making music is a hobby that I’ve been doing since I was 8. So its worth it to me. Thats why the music theory thing comes to me easy because I have been playing piano for years and stuff before I got into electronic music. But yeah, I love synths and analog gear. You will not find any VA synths in my studio either! :wink:

[quote]howiegroove (23/11/2010)[hr]thank you for the kind words. unfortunately, (call me greedy) but I dont really give away my sounds that I create. I feel its my one way to be original. I dont want others to sound like me…[/quote]

I think you misunderstood me. I was suggesting you should record a clip of you having some fun with the new rig once complete, just making some noise. I’m not trying to coax you into building a sample set or anything like that lol.

[quote]themiddleman (23/11/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (23/11/2010)[hr]thank you for the kind words. unfortunately, (call me greedy) but I dont really give away my sounds that I create. I feel its my one way to be original. I dont want others to sound like me…[/quote]

I think you misunderstood me. I was suggesting you should record a clip of you having some fun with the new rig once complete, just making some noise. I’m not trying to coax you into building a sample set or anything like that lol.[/quote]

All I want to do is sound like Deadmau5! :hehe:

JK

[quote]howiegroove (23/11/2010)[hr][quote]

All I want to do is sound like Deadmau5! :hehe:

JK

[/quote]

haha

I just want his gear :slight_smile:

Anyone heard the Moog Taurus? Its like a stool with some foot pedals on it but aparantly the bass is enough to knock a hole in your gut!

I rented a Taurus from a local shop for a few weeks. Sure it’ll do sick basses, but I didn’t like being limited to only 2 saws. At the price, I’d buy a rack mount Voyager.

How does it work in regards to playing notes with the foot pedal and is there a midi in/out also would you mind going out and renting it again, sampling C 1, 2 and 3 for me laying it out on simplers in an instrument rack, saving it and then send it to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Ooooooooh i have found some samples online of the Taurus. I think i have just found my new sub bass it sounds awesome!

[quote]jjdejong0 (24/11/2010)[hr]How does it work in regards to playing notes with the foot pedal and is there a midi in/out also would you mind going out and renting it again, sampling C 1, 2 and 3 for me laying it out on simplers in an instrument rack, saving it and then send it to me :P[/quote]

I used my hands mainly, but playing with your feet is ok. No surprises. It has Midi In/Out, CV/Gate, and midi over USB (which I didn’t bother using).

And no, I’m not re-renting it to rip samples for you, but nice try :slight_smile:

If you’re serious about it, I’d go out and try one first. Personally, I think there are much better and cheaper synths suited to bass out there.

[quote]themiddleman (24/11/2010)[hr]

If you’re serious about it, I’d go out and try one first. Personally, I think there are much better and cheaper synths suited to bass out there.[/quote]

What would you think is better out of interst - and I demand a picture of you playing the Taurus with your feet :slight_smile:

[quote]slender (24/11/2010)What would you think is better out of interst - and I demand a picture of you playing the Taurus with your feet :)[/quote]

Anything with more oscillator options than just saws really. Though it does sound amazing, I wouldn’t pay $2K+ for a one trick pony.

‘Better’ is subjective of course, but personally I really like the basses I get out of my Future Retro XS with a Moogerfooger LPF. If you want something relatively cheap, the DSI Mopho is a great bargain synth, which comes in both a synth-only module, or a keyboard.

Could you upload a sample of C1 and 2?

I’ll see if I can get around to it, but no promises… I’m exceptionally lazy :slight_smile:

Edit: There’s a bunch of videos on YT with great demos from FR.

Interesting you mentioned the DSI Mopho, I had a go on it earlier in the year (only for 5 mins) but I felt it did not inspire me, I maybe was expecting a richer sound but I could have been having an off day

I liked it, especially for the price.

Right now though, all I can think of is getting a FR-777 and then this little puppy: