New synth on the way!

I got some money together and fancied a hardware synth. So i started looking at all the usuall trancy suspects, like the Virus, the JP, the Nord etc. I didnt really want to follow the crowd and got told about a so called ‘hidden gem’ of trance music. So i went and boaght it, its the Yamaha An1x! If you want to see what this monster can do and if you like trance simply search this in Youtube; Yamaha An1x JayB. This guy has some great patches and hes released them all for free. I really cant wait to get cracking with this and it will be nice to have a bigger keyboard range, its getting a bit annoying having to keep shifting octaves on my small midi keyboard.

Enjoy man :slight_smile:

Yeah… It was the rival to the JP.

Pretty cool synth. Arp & everything.

Saw one a while back. Wasnt quite sure about the layout of it, in terms of the multi purpose / multi menu dials. But they’re absolutely cool of course Mate.

Doing the right thing getting something similar - but different! :cool:

Best of luck with it Man - Hopefully you’ll be able to make a few spaces/paragraphs in your forum posts with it :wink: :hehe:

Heres the link to Vintage Synth if anyone wants to have a look.

Fair play Jan!

[url]http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/an1x.php[/url]

I really like the sharpness in the high end. I also feel that its ‘supersaw’ has a very unique sound like the JP has. The only difference is that the JP has been used 10000000 times and the Logic Es2 supersaw and Virus supersaw are fast catching up. Im hoping the An1x will have its own character sound wise.

congrats dood! Im getting my modular next week! Im pumped as well.

The moog modular?

Nope. Im building a modular synth. Right now I have a Doepfer VCA, TIptop Audio VCO, Polivocks VCF, Envelope, and Dual LFO by Doepfer coming.

I really wana say this an1x is awesome! If your into trance and you want a bit of hardware that is affordable and has an awesome sound then you NEED this synth.

has that got a software GUI Jan??

Yes it does its called the An1x Edit.

[quote]howiegroove (21/11/2010)[hr]Nope. Im building a modular synth. Right now I have a Doepfer VCA, TIptop Audio VCO, Polivocks VCF, Envelope, and Dual LFO by Doepfer coming.[/quote]

Very slick! Not sure if you’ve seen it, but Expert Sleepers makes a really awesome program called Silent Way, which lets you use your audio outs to send CV signals. It’s a hell of a lot of fun, and easy to implement.

Expert Sleepers - Silent Way

My setup is semi modular right now, though I am tempted to grab a few Macbeth modules and diving all the way in. :smiley:

You’ll have to post some samples of your new rig when complete.

[edited for formatting fail & gave up on linking url]

thank you for the kind words. unfortunately, (call me greedy) but I dont really give away my sounds that I create. I feel its my one way to be original. I dont want others to sound like me. Although I love to teach others, I dont like to give away my secrets. But I would be happy to send you some pictures of my studio when I get the first pieces of my modular and my Juno 106 back. I should have them by Thursday if anyone is interested.

Howie - just found this [url]http://somaticcircuits.com/vc303.htm[/url] which you may be interested in

Be interested how you get on with the modular route - something i really want to get my head round this time next year

[quote]slender (23/11/2010)[hr]Howie - just found this [url]http://somaticcircuits.com/vc303.htm[/url] which you may be interested in

Be interested how you get on with the modular route - something i really want to get my head round this time next year[/quote]

Its alot of reading and a good understanding of signal flow. But I personally wouldnt get that module if I were you. There are so much better out there. But its up to you, thats why a modular system is so amazing.

[quote]slender (23/11/2010)[hr]Howie - just found this [url]http://somaticcircuits.com/vc303.htm[/url] which you may be interested in

Be interested how you get on with the modular route - something i really want to get my head round this time next year[/quote]

do you need other sh!t to control this?

I am no expert but I would reckon the answer is yes

i been looking at one of these as a way into modular shizzle

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Doepfer / Dark Energy / Demonstration Movie - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

Thats high high up on my shopping list

[quote]Mussi81 (23/11/2010)[hr]i been looking at one of these as a way into modular shizzle<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=Doepfer / Dark Energy / Demonstration Movie - YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>[/quote]

I have one of these and they are amazing.

And on the 303 clone, yes, you need a keyboard or midi to control it. You have to use the gate/cv in to control it. It is, however, an all in one solution to achieve the 303 sound.