New to EDM production

Hello all, my name is Jamel, or Trebled Youth as I like to call myself & I’m very eager to learn. Feel free to give my first produced track a listen. Any and all feedback is much appreciated & welcomed. I’ll continue to read, learn, apply techniques & hopefully there will be a noticeable difference. Goodluck to all & happy producing!

If you like this track, feel free to share, download & remix.

I think youve made a great start. However, I felt this track was very weird in regards to where its energy is at. The tracks most energetic dancy moments are there right at the beggining? Seems after 2:35 the track looses a lot of energy and from there the energy just drops more and more.

Definately need to have it progressing from a lower energy state to a higher energy state IMO.

Also when the weird tom like synth comes the panning it around does have a nice feel however, you push the elements waaay too far. Should be moving around but still closer to the centre.

Probably sound like a hippie talking about energy but I have no clue how to explain it lol :stuck_out_tongue:

If it helps I think a lot of the tracks energy is with the hats and shakers which are lost after 2:35. When they do come back the bass is gone, and I think its fair to say a lot of energy is with the bass as well.

[quote]MistroPain (08/06/2012)[hr]I think youve made a great start. However, I felt this track was very weird in regards to where its energy is at. The tracks most energetic dancy moments are there right at the beggining? Seems after 2:35 the t’rack looses a lot of energy and from there the energy just drops more and more.[/quote]

Hello & thanks for taking the time to listen & evaluate. I definitely see what you’re saying about the energy regressing after the 2:35 mark. It’s more clear to me now that you’ve pointed it out, thanks!