New too Ableton Live 8 and help

I just bought Ableton live 8 and I’m having a problem with the presets and sounds on here. Every time I try too open one in a track, It says “This preset cannot be loaded. It is probably broken”. Why is this happening?

Also I downloaded a couple free instrument packs and cannot find where they are going in Live. Any help would be appreciated!

Have you installed the live packs?:slight_smile:

Your best bet is checking the ableton website. Check there support/faq/customer service and use their forums.

Maybe a silly question but have you read the manual as I think that should answer your query to be honest

[quote]slender (18/11/2010)[hr]Maybe a silly question but have you read the manual as I think that should answer your query to be honest[/quote]

Does it come with a manual?

Does this help ?

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135187&view=previous

[quote]Mussi81 (18/11/2010)[hr][quote]slender (18/11/2010)[hr]Maybe a silly question but have you read the manual as I think that should answer your query to be honest[/quote]

Does it come with a manual?[/quote]

Yes, even warez ones do

Yes I have installed the live packs. And yes, I do have a manual (smart asses. lol) The only thing Im reading from other people is that they had L7 before they bought L8 and thats where everything got screwed up. This is my first one so I don’t understand why anything would be getting corrupt. Anyways, thanks for the responses. Hopefully I can figure this out before I throw my laptop across the room. I just want too create, not figure out how to fix corrupt files!

Have you tried uninstalling and fresh install again?

I havent. I think there is a problem because I downloaded the free trial before I bought the full version and they are both still on my computer. I cant delete the trial for some reason. Lucky for me, A friend of mine from out of town just happens to be in town this weekend and has been producing music with Ableton and other software since about '97. He is coming over tonight with his hard drive to figure out the problem and load me up with tons of new samples and such. Im pretty excited about it! :smiley: thanks again for the responses guys. it’s nice too know we can rely on each other in the music world!