NEW Traktor controller from NI+ Sampler

New controller from Native…in case you haven’t heard…

sampler for Traktor too…

I saw this earlier, looking pretty good and as soon as it gets released, im pre-booking one! lol.

Dubfire’s edition of Traktor on his laptop looks slightly different… do we think new software too?

i’m not sold on controller side but I use external mixer and timecode,

yeah it looks like his traktor has a build in sampler

if it’s anything like their X1 (which i use with serato) it will be awesome.

[quote]seanl (21/07/2010)[hr]i’m not sold on controller side but I use external mixer and timecode,

yeah it looks like his traktor has a build in sampler[/quote]

You could still use the x1 kontrol even thou your using timecode for lots of things;

1. Triggering effects
  2. Triggering and Manipulating Loops
  3. Selecting tracks and browsing internally
  4. Hot cue points

It’s all about not having your head buried in the laptop at all I guess… Have you used the kontrol before Sean? :slight_smile:

[quote]Aapie (22/07/2010)[hr]if it’s anything like their X1 (which i use with serato) it will be awesome.[/quote]

What made you go with serato over traktor? Just curious… :slight_smile:

Simply because I had Serato before Traktor was launched, and just stuck with it.

Was very close to jumping ship a year or so ago but have to say it’s turned itself around with the last few updates.

[quote]Aapie (22/07/2010)[hr]Simply because I had Serato before Traktor was launched, and just stuck with it.

Was very close to jumping ship a year or so ago but have to say it’s turned itself around with the last few updates.

[/quote]

I never even looked at Serato, so I dont know what its like at all. The only reason i started using it was i once saw Richie Hawtin using it out in Ibiza. I was in fortunately in the DJ box with them and noticed what he was using and instantly fell in love with it.

Whats problems did you come across with Serato? Think you will ever change?

I wanted serato originally as vinyl control is very important for me due to my background as a tablist - cutting scratching beatjuggling and so on, and I’ve moved into dance music from that and just feel more comfrtable with vinyl emulation as opposed to ableton style laptop dj’ing - which i have no problem with people doing.

In regards to issues with serato, I never really encountered any problems with it. It was more i felt they’d fallen behind with lack of midi and effects and extra decks etc… and Traktor at that stage were starting to really push the boundaries of what you could do as a DJ.

At that point i was thinking of selling and swapping to traktor, but now serato is pretty much neck and neck, so I’ve just stuck with it as it’s industry standard for the moment and if they implement the bridge in the way i hope they will it’s perfect for me.

[quote]HOUSEJAK (22/07/2010)[hr][quote]seanl (21/07/2010)[hr]i’m not sold on controller side but I use external mixer and timecode,

yeah it looks like his traktor has a build in sampler[/quote]

You could still use the x1 kontrol even thou your using timecode for lots of things;

1. Triggering effects
  2. Triggering and Manipulating Loops
  3. Selecting tracks and browsing internally
  4. Hot cue points

It’s all about not having your head buried in the laptop at all I guess… Have you used the kontrol before Sean? :)[/quote]

well…when you put it that way…lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been using controllers for 3 years, I love my X1, much better then anything I had before. I use timecode more for effect or sometimes for mixing when I’m bored and to keep my beat matching in shape, lol

What I’ve meant is that I don’t like the look of this new piece of hardware, but will need to wait and see. It has faders,etc for soft mixer and I don’t use it really, but who knows? :slight_smile:

I think iPad is next on my list…