New Trance Track

Hello again everyone.br
br
I just recently put together another track, my second trance track overall and I am fairly pleased with the results but I know there’s lots of areas for improvement. If anyone would be willing to have a listen and maybe toss me some tips on where I can improve or even suggest ideas that I can use to help with this track or future tracks would be greatly appreciated. br
br
I guess I have to always use a disclaimer: Im fairly new to producing( about 4-5 months in) so I am aware of my lack of technical know how and even in the music theory areas I can use much improvement, so please do not expect top quality. With that said, here is the link. I hope you all can enjoy and thanks again for any tips or help. br
br
Cheers.br
br
[url]https://soundcloud.com/algalontheobserver/algalon-hymns-of-time-1/s-BPdwh[/url]

It’s not a bad attempt considering it’s your second finished track, for me, things I noted were as follows:br
br
Kick is too subbybr
Kick and Bass way to loud in the mix, but a good driving feel to itbr
Acid sound is nicebr
Leads in the main section are not loud enough and are too much in the mid range.br
More precise EQing required generally, gets muddy when everything is playingbr
not much top end in the track at all, some boosts in the high end definitely necessary.br
Percussion gets completely lost in the main sectionbr
Not much stereo width in the track.br
br
That’s my 2 pence worthbr

Thank you very much for the tips, tonight I’ll do some tweaks to your advice and see what comes out. br
br
Cheers.

I like it a lot and I’m not all that into trance. I actually got kinda lost in it which is the point of this style of music haha. br
br
I only listened to it on some iPhone earbuds, but constructive feedback I can give you from that listen:br
br
Subby kick needs some tweaking. It sounds like there are some weird frequencies in there. br
Leads could hit harder when the “drop” comes in. br
br
I agree with some of the feedback above, but definitely good work!

I’m absolutely flattered by your words mate. Thanks for your tips. I will apply them to my next project( as I have learned a bit more since completing this one. ) Cheers and best of luck in your productions as well!