New tune

Hey Guys

I’ve posted a new track - Gone to the Dogs, based on the min tech tutorial, on Soundcloud. Any thoughts appreciated.

There’s a few more on there, mostly older Tenori On tracks. They’re pretty old now. It’s an interesting tool but I’m loving Ableton way more.

cheers

Jon

Here’s the embed to make it easier.

Gone to the Dogs by Block.Punch

Yeah good sounds there and interesting ideas - only I would have liked a couple more breakdowns - but I liked it :smiley:

Fat, Fat, Fat, that Lead/Bass is heavy, works nicely with the kick, reminds me of early Steve Angello. I think Slender hit the nail on the head with the breakdowns. I think if you put in an 8 or 16 bar breakdown at about two minutes and extend the one at 4.15 you’ll have the makings of a real jacking track, break and builds will only make your lead sections sound bigger.

Danny.

sounds good, on my setup turn the bass lead down and maybe run it through a low pass filter

Wow, thanks guys for listening and replying.

I think you’re right about the breaks.

Good comment about the bass lead too. It’s hard to get access to different set ups to listen to the output. On mine (flat response) it’s fine. On my wife’s system, the sub bass is too growly. So, good to hear how it sounds on someone else’s setup.

cheers guys.

Well, I’ve edited it after your suggestions. I think it’s a little more punchy now. Think the upload is clipping though. Dunno why.

Gone to the Dogs (Sonic Edit) by Block.Punch

[quote]jonsloan (02/05/2010)[hr]Well, I’ve edited it after your suggestions. I think it’s a little more punchy now. Think the upload is clipping though. Dunno why.

Gone to the Dogs (Sonic Edit) by Block.Punch[/quote]

really like this sounds cool

Right, I’ve sorted the clipping out. Well that was a good lesson in watching the level on my master channel. It’s re=posted without the extra clicks now.

Gone to the Dogs by Block.Punch