****NEW VIDEOS**** Logic Pro 8 Video Tutorials Live NOW

In SonicAcademy.com’s Music Production course our professional tutors take you step by step through one of the world’s most powerful pieces of music creation software, designed exclusively for the Mac…Logic Pro.

From creating drum beats and basslines, to synth patterns and string lines, our Logic Pro music production course shows you how to mix and arrange all your ideas into a professional sounding track.

With each course you get an exclusive SonicAcademy.com resources pack, including a session file for each module and a selection of samples giving you everything you need to follow the course at home and build your own track.

SUBSCRIBERS - You have access to this course right now in the SUBSCRIBER VIDEOS section

REGISTERED members can view the first two tutorials absolutely free, again just access the page from the subscriber videos section

if you wish to buy this course outright, you can get it in the “Music Production Tutorials” Section top left

let us know what you think!

bry

Hey Bry… To what extent will this help me out with Logic Express? In other words, what can or cant I do? Thanks!

you shouldn’t notice any limitations between the two when following this tutorial!

[quote]bryan spence (7/17/2009)[hr]you shouldn’t notice any limitations between the two when following this tutorial!

[/quote]

does express have ES2 and Ultrabeat ??

I think it has Ultrabeat but no ES2

Logic Express does have ES2. :cool:

THANKS SO MUCH FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER, LOOKS GREAT, EXACTLY WHAT I NEED TO TAKE MY TRACKS UP A NOTCH! :smiley:

I know it’s possible but does anyone recommend rewiring Logic into Ableton for either for it’s effects or synths? Suggestions?

Thanks for this tutorial I ditched my PC to use Logic, then I noticed all the tutorials were with Ableton and I didn’t think I needed Logic anymore but now I can use Logic too.

Thanks

Thanks for this amazing Ttutorial ! So i have to install Logic Pro 8 once again on my Mac ! It takes about 6 hours if you are installing all Jam Packs ! :smiley:

But no worry, ive got the time cause i have Hollydays…

You can rewired Ableton with Logic verry well, so you can use the excellent Effects in Logic for your Ableton groove Stuff…

The Logic Synths and Sampler are hot Stuff ! :hehe:

I have a music theory question. How do you determine what notes to use after the root of C in the bassline and then the Synth?  Like C1 then D1# then F1 or what ever order?

Great Tut I must say once again.

Thanks

J

[quote]svrider1000 (7/20/2009)[hr]I have a music theory question. How do you determine what notes to use after the root of C in the bassline and then the Synth? Like C1 then D1# then F1 or what ever order?

Great Tut I must say once again.

Thanks

J[/quote]

svrider, sounds like you could use a good theory primer. Read the ravenspiral primer and the above will be crystal clear.

[url]http://www.sonicacademy.com/forum/Topic3595-8-1.aspx[/url]

Thanks

Loved the tutorial, but quick question – why no EQ on the final mixdown?

The track sounded really nice regardless, but there was no panning, reverb, or EQ throughout the tutorial. :blink:

Loved the tutorial, question tho.

Anything I’ve read relating to Sidechain using Logic asks for an audio channel with a 4/4 kick running all the way thru the track, as when the kick stops on the tutorial track (breakdown), the compression stops on the bassline, kicking back in once the drums come back into the track,.

Is this intentional, or is it best to use a silent audio kick?

thanks

What you’re asking is mainly just preference. Some people like to keep the pumping sound in their breakdown, and others want the compression to stop when the beat stops.

Raymond

What genre is this? I like the way you showed how to arrainge it. I wish someone could do a cool Break Tutuorial and show the arraingement with vocals and stuff. That is mostly what I would like learn how to arrainge it and where to add the vocals. I like DJ Icey’s stuff.

there is a breaks tutorial per say. It’s a walkthrough of the funkasaurus track, jackhammer. check it out. it lays everything out in good detail!

Raymond

Maybe a beginners tutorial exactly like this would work better. I am trying to keep it more simple and make my own Stuff to DJ. I think I can make songs like this tutorial and then some breaks to0

Today APPLE has released LOGIC PRO 9 !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Logic Pro - Apple (DE)

:smiley: