NEWS 18th March 2013

Hi Guysbr
thought we would start dropping our news into the forums to get you guys chatting about whats on and what’s coming up on the site! - So let us know your thoughts on the streaming qualities and on Kirk Degiorgio’s new coursebr
br
News - 18th March 2013br
br
br
br
The Beauty Room 'One Man Show’br
Kirk Degiorgio gives us an in depth Producer Walkthroughbr
br
Vocalist Jinadu and producer Kirk Degiorgio first collaborated on the ‘As One’ album 21st Century Soul (Ubiquity Recordings) in 2001. Both have worked mainly in the electronic dance genre recording for a wide range of labels from Mo Wax to Bitches Brew.br
br
The Beauty Room came about through continued collaboration, with Degiorgio sending Jinadu sketches of songs with increasingly unusual progressions. Jinadu worked his magic and returned them enhanced with catchy melodies, hooks galore and layers of rich harmonies.br
br
In this course, Kirk Degiorgio takes us on a walkthrough of ‘One Man Show’ by The Beauty Room - taking us behind the scenes of every aspect of the track from concept to the finished article.br
br
Watch this course now in SD / HD and HD+br
Buy it from only £5.99 / $9.99
br
br
br
br
br
New SD / HD / HD+ Streamsbr
Coming soon to the site will be a new way to watch your videos. We will be introducing 3 streams of our courses - SD, HD and HD+ so if you have a fast internet connection you will be able to watch our courses in their native resolution and if you have a connection on the slow side you will be able to watch in SD, proving you with fewer interruptions and less buffering.br
br
Our newest courses will all be getting this treatment and we will be going back through our existing courses converting as much of them as possible to the new quality settings.br
br
To get the ball rolling our latest course The Beauty Room ‘One Man Show’ walkthrough with Kirk Degiorgio is available to watch in this new format.br
br
Not only that but when you purchase a course you will be buying the full HD+ version as standard, again we will be going back over our existing downloads and as we get through the older courses your downloads will be upgraded to HD+ where applicable.br
br
br
br
Vote ANA in Best Synth Pollbr
MusicRadar.com recently launched a poll to find out what the world’s BEST soft synth is today. Our very own Sonic Academy A.N.A. has made its’ way onto the nominations list and the poll is now open for voting.br
br
If you have been enjoying using A.N.A. or have tried it and think it is worthy of a vote please take a minute and head over to the poll to cast your vote.br
br
Vote Now

Have any of you tried the new video Features? br
br
all working ok?

nice contrast to the other tutorials. it was nice to see how the song started with a sketch/concept; and nice to see how real instruments played by musicians were incorporated throughout the track…including a full-on orchestra!br
br
the HD is very nice.br
br
fascinating that there were very few effects put on all the tracks and all the work was done at recording. br
br
one question i have: after watching the tut, this song was obviously a very costly and time consuming endeavor. how does something like this ‘pencil’ financially? in this day with purchased music sales down, where does the revenue come from to fund something like this?

[quote]cosmic_artistry (19/03/2013)[hr]nice contrast to the other tutorials. it was nice to see how the song started with a sketch/concept; and nice to see how real instruments played by musicians were incorporated throughout the track…including a full-on orchestra!br
br
the HD is very nice.br
br
fascinating that there were very few effects put on all the tracks and all the work was done at recording. br
br
one question i have: after watching the tut, this song was obviously a very costly and time consuming endeavor. how does something like this ‘pencil’ financially? in this day with purchased music sales down, where does the revenue come from to fund something like this?[/quote]br
br
Mostly in this day it doesn’t which is why many aren’t so fortunate in getting live session players in these days. This is where illegal downloaders have shot themselves in the foot, they want free music and in turn lose out on real music.

have found myself singing this song in the shower for the past 3 days.br

Bands like zero 7 did pretty well out of a similar style of music… There are lots of revenue streams beyond sales for this type of stuff. i.e TV syncs, compilations, gigging.

I will really look into this course when I have time, sounds promising.

HD is great! sometimes its hard to see small number values etc but now is so much better. Great improvment!