Nexus2

Hi guys…

Just wondering if anybody here uses nexus2 for making trance leads/hooks and find it any good before i make a decision to get it?

DigiWave

[quote]digitalwave (04/09/2012)[hr]Hi guys…

Just wondering if anybody here uses nexus2 for making trance leads/hooks and find it any good before i make a decision to get it?

DigiWave[/quote]

Many people say bad things about nexus2 because technically it’s not a synth but I love mine! Great for trance! To me the built in effects are hard to manage but all you have to do is take them off and put your own on. If you got it I don’t think it would sit around being unused.:slight_smile:

Yeah that is why i was curious because it is just a rompler at the end of the day?

But there does seem to be a few guru producers using it… so there must be some good in it.

Some of the expansion demos sounded pretty good anyway :slight_smile:

i find that nexus is great at getting ideas going but struggles when you are getting to that last 10% and you want to get in to the details and fine tune things.

its also very expensive compared to stuff like ANA, Z3ta+2 etc.

Im not just saying this because i made it but i really believe ANA is one of the best synths for trance leads.

A lot of thought went in to trance sounds when it was being designed. i.e decay curves, megasaw waveforms, 4 pole filter

Sonic Academy ANA - 10 Year ago by SonicAcademy ANA

Sonic Academy ANA - Modern Lift Lead by SonicAcademy ANA

Sonic Academy ANA - Trance Demo by SonicAcademy ANA

ANA is amazing. especially for the price. i use it in everything

if i could go back, i would of got omnisphere in stead of nexus!

like phil said, when u get to the final 10% in tweaking the sound n stuff its not good. omnisphere on the other hand is absolutely awesome. sound library is immense

Thanks for the advice guys :slight_smile:

Do you know what the best thing is to make dark kind of acids sean tyas style ?

btw i use logic and i dont think there is a zeta for the mac if im correct? is that right ?

Instead of Zet3+ you can use ANA or Sylenth1.

All the same.

Concerning the acid from sean tyas? If you mean his rework of elements, there’s definitely some presets for this in Sylenth and ANA. There are also a few free vst’s out there for the acid (303 style) sounds. I use ABL2 for that purpose.