NI Massive not playing fair

Hi

I’ve put a basic sine lfo on the wt-position of osc1 and it plays fine if i play it manually, but as soon as it’s being played on the sequencer, it starts to sound like some crazy performer modulation instead of a nice and simple sine lfo!

I’ve checked that it’s not something to do with the velocity and nothing changes there!

Somewhere I read something about changing the buffer size which I don’t really know what I’m doing with and when I had a fiddle, it didn’t really make any change!

What’s going on, why is Massive behaving so annoyingly! I just want a simple sine wave LFO to sound like when I hit the note on my keyboard… it sounds fine there, but as soon as I draw in the note or record it, it goes nuts!

Please, help, suggestions or just explain what the hell is going on! lol

Ta

tomato

I’ve made some progress with this, it’s just the sync rate being mad.

If I manually set the rate, it works fine.

So a workaround:

Set the sync rate I want → jump between sync and no sync to try and set the lfo rate manually to match the synced rate → when they match, record the manual rate!

I thought it might be something to do with maybe a default sync rate differing in massive and ableton, but when I change the tempo of the track, the sync rate keeps up but still produces the same problem.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I use Massive all the time and I have never had this problem. It sounds like a job for the Native Instruments Forum or NI tech support to me.

[quote]TheAnt (27/03/2011)[hr]I use Massive all the time and I have never had this problem. It sounds like a job for the Native Instruments Forum or NI tech supportto me.[/quote]

What he said, you should give NI a call dood. They are super helpful.

[quote]tomato (26/03/2011)[hr]Hi

I’ve put a basic sine lfo on the wt-position of osc1 and it plays fine if i play it manually, but as soon as it’s being played on the sequencer, it starts to sound like some crazy performer modulation instead of a nice and simple sine lfo!

I’ve checked that it’s not something to do with the velocity and nothing changes there!

Somewhere I read something about changing the buffer size which I don’t really know what I’m doing with and when I had a fiddle, it didn’t really make any change!

What’s going on, why is Massive behaving so annoyingly! I just want a simple sine wave LFO to sound like when I hit the note on my keyboard… it sounds fine there, but as soon as I draw in the note or record it, it goes nuts!

Please, help, suggestions or just explain what the hell is going on! lol

Ta

tomato[/quote]

is it up to date?